This festive recipe for an Irish Mojito is perfect cocktail for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s so much better than green beer!
I’m definitely not Irish. I’m mostly a Swedish girl at heart- big bones, big appetite, a bit on the stubborn side, and many distant relatives in Minnesota. My husband is very Irish though, and when St. Paddy’s Day rolls around… he’s always hoping I’ll whip up some special “Irish” things. I couldn’t resist mixing this up for my husband after a tip from Benjamin Steakhouse on seasonal cocktails.
- fresh mint leaves
- Barcardi Limon
- white sugar
- club soda
- Creme de Menthe
How to make an Irish Mojito:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
So if you’re looking for a festive adult beverage to make that is green, set aside the green beer and make these Irish Mojitos instead. They really are delicious.
And there it is! The festive Irish Mojito! My husband and I both love it. It’s much like a regular mojito with a little bit more of an added mint element to it. And I absolutely love its festive look. It’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Enjoy!
The Best Recipes for Mojitos:
- Pomegranate Mojitos
- Orange Basil Mojitos
- Blueberry Mojitos
- Slushie Watermelon Mojitos
- Cranberry Mojitos
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 2 small handfuls fresh mint leaves
- 3 ounces Bacardi Limon
- 4 teaspoons granulated white sugar (more or less)
- 2 splashes club soda
- 2 splashes Creme de Menthe
- 2 lime wedges, for garnish
- Squeeze the lime into a cocktail shaker and add the mint leaves. Muddle together using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon. Add the Bacardi, sugar and a handful of ice. Place lid on shaker and shake away.
- Strain the mixture into a glass (martini glass suggested). Top each cocktail off with a splash of club soda and a drizzle of Creme de Menthe (which will sink to the bottom). Add a lime wedge for garnish, and serve.