HONEY- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, whirled in a blender a few times to create more of an oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup natural smooth peanut butter
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup honey
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or use Nestle’s Chocolate Chunks)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, oats, soda and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, use electric mixer to beat peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, honey, egg and vanilla until well blended.
3. Stir half of dry mixture into peanut butter mixture. Add second half and stir until all is well-blended. Stir in chocolate.
4. Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm and no longer sticky, about 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 large baking sheets (or line with parchment paper).
6. With hands, roll 1 heaping Tablespoonful of dough for each cookie into 1 ¾-inch-diameter ball. Arrange cookies on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2½-inches apart. Bake cookies until puffed, beginning to brown on top and still very soft to touch, about 10-12 minutes. Watch closely because they will burn if baked too long. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to rack and cool completely.
Yield: About 25 cookies
*These cookies can be made 2 days ahead of intended serving time. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Bon Appetit
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
These were the best pb/choc chip cookies we’ve made in a long time. Simply irresistible!
-San Diego, CA