Yield: About 48 cookies
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cinnamon & toffee chips/ raisins & toasted pecans/ chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl and using electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs and beat until mixture is light in color. Add in buttermilk.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Fold in oatmeal and vanilla. Add in whatever add-in you'd like, or separate the batter into three bowls and create three different loaded cookie doughs.
5. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Paula Deen