Symphony Brownies

This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Paula Deen’s Symphony Brownies

Print Print Recipe
Save Save Recipe

Symphony Brownies

Yield: 24 small brownies (or 12 large)

Prep Time: 15 min

Cook Time: 40 min

Using an original idea from Paula Deen, these are incredibly simple, but oh MY these are delicious!

Ingredients:

1 (20-ounce) package (family-sized) boxed brownie mix
2 King-sized almond-toffee Symphony brand candy bars (made by Hersheys)

Directions:

1. Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.

2. Line a 9x9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula. Break apart the candy bar into sections and space them out so they cover the surface of the brownie batter. Cover with remaining batter.

3. Bake according to package directions (mine took 40 minutes). Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil.

Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Paula Deen)

9 Responses to “Symphony Brownies”

Tina — July 29, 2010 @ 2:57 AM

These are just so simple to make and wonderful to eat.

Gary Collins — December 7, 2011 @ 2:28 PM

Could you please tell me from which Paula Deen cookbook this recipe is from. I’m trying to purchase one for sister for Christmas. Thank you, Gary.

• Lori Lange replied: — December 7th, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

Not sure if it’s in a cookbook from her, but the original recipe is on the Food Network site.

Stephanie — May 5, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

This recipe is a family favorite! I use 2 boxes of brownie mix and 3 KIng Sized Symphony bars baked in a 9×13 pan at 325 for about 35-40 minutes.

Wanda — August 14, 2012 @ 8:32 AM

Add two tablespoons of Karo syrup, to the brownie mix -Yum !! – it is a trick I have used almost 20 years.

sandy — April 10, 2013 @ 9:22 AM

I just saw her make this on her show on food network and she used 3 of the symphony bars…

Marilyn — August 28, 2013 @ 6:48 AM

I have made these brownies numerous times! They are really good and a very big hit!!
    The difference I noticed in this recipe and Paula Deen’s is the amount of candy bars she used. She also used the brownie mix with walnuts. I watched her make these on her show, and she used 3 bars and placed them on top of the first layer of batter as whole candy bars. She did not break them up. The three giant sized bars won’t fit in the 13″X 9″ pan, so i buy 2 giant and 1 XL bars. This recipe WAS on the Food Network website until they “unforgivingly” took all her shows off the air, including all her recipes! Thanks for putting this recipe on the Internet! I can’t find mine and wasn’t sure of the time for baking.

• Lori Lange replied: — August 28th, 2013 @ 7:35 PM

They took all of her recipes off of their site??? Oh my gosh, I had no idea…

Marilyn — August 28, 2013 @ 8:39 PM

I have to make a correction on a comment I made earlier today. I stated that Food Network took off all of Paula Deen’s recipes off of their website. I went back to the Food Network site and did find some of her recipes! I apologize for making an incorrect statement!