Chocolate Overload Brownies are for the crazy chocolate lovers out there! If you’re a fan of my Chocolate Wasted Cake, then you’re going to love these brownies too.
These brownies were originally called “Death By Chocolate” brownies in the Crazy for Cookies, Brownies and Bars cookbook. That’s a perfectly acceptable name, given that these brownies are overloaded with chocolate! I decided to give them my own name though. Chocolate Overload Brownies is what I came up with since I have a chocolate overload cookies recipe too.
The brownies are so chocolatey. And they also have added chocolate chips baked into them. You’re gonna need a tall glass of milk for this one!
This recipe comes from my friend Dorothy Kern’s new cookbook: Crazy for Cookies, Brownies and Bars. Dorothy is a master of baking delicious sweet treats, which she shares regularly on her Crazy for Crust food blog. I’ve known Dorothy for a long time, and I have learned that she definitely knows how to bake the best things. You can bet that all of her recipes are well-tested and wonderful. This is a cookbook that bakers will want to have on their cookbook shelf!
Here are a few recipes in the book that I’d like to try:
- Biscoff Oatmeal No-Bakes
- Giant Stuffed Nutella Cookie
- Strawberry Shortcake Cups
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars
- Margarita Bars
- Peanut Butter Magic Bars
- Fudgiest Brownies Ever
- Tuxedo Cookies
- Peanut Butter Lover’s Cookies
- vegetable or canola oil
- white sugar
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- instant espresso powder
- all purpose flour
- semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
How to make Chocolate Overload Brownies:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9-inch pan with foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
This recipe makes 16 brownies (4 rows x 4 rows). If you want them to be larger, you can cut them into 9 squares (3 rows x 3 rows) instead of 16. They’re so rich and fudgy that I recommend you cut them into the smaller size. Fudgy brownies are the best!
Totally packed with chocolate chips, these brownies will have chocolate lovers swooning. Thank you to Crazy for Crust Dorothy for this fabulous brownie recipe! Be sure to buy her Crazy for Cookies, Brownies and Bars book so you can make all of her droolworthy creations. Enjoy!
What’s the best way to store brownies?
The Best Brownie Recipes:
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Turtle Brownies
- Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies
Chocolate Overload Brownies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1⅓ cups granulated white sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips (plus more, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9-inch pan with foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
- To a large bowl, add the melted butter and oil. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the sugar and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla extract, espresso powder and salt. Then slowly mix in the flour. The batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and top with a more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 21 to 25 minutes or until the brownies just lose that glossy sheen around the edges and a toothpick inserted 1-inch from the edge comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days (or freeze for up to one month).