Quick and Easy Banana- Oat Muffins

These are quick, easy, healthy and delicious Banana Oat Muffins!

Quick and Easy Banana Oat Muffins Recipe

Yield: 9 regular-sized muffins

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 16 minutes

Quick and Easy Banana Oat Muffins

• 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the bananas, milk oil, egg and vanilla; mix well, and set aside.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and remaining ingredients.
  4. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
  5. Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners) and divide the batter evenly among the nine cups.
  6. Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
  • Nutritional Information per serving: (Serving size: 1 muffin)
  • Calories 128, Fat 4.19g, Saturated Fat .51g, Sugar 8.73g, Fiber 2.09g, Protein 3.31g, Cholesterol 23.77mg, Carbohydrates 20.45g
  • WW POINTS:  Points Plus Program: 3   Old Points Program: 2.5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Health Magazine)

More healthy banana muffin recipes you might enjoy:

8 Responses to “Quick and Easy Banana- Oat Muffins”

1. postedJul 21, 2012 9:04 PM

I made these in my mini muffin tin (14 mins) I added a 1/2 cup of raisins. My 4 year old loved them! Thanks 🙂

2. postedJan 16, 2016 8:00 PM

Can’t wait to make these this weekend! If I want to use a small loaf muffin tin (6 mini loafs), how long would you suggest baking for? Thanks!

• January 17th, 2016 @ 6:27 AM

You’ll just have to eyeball it- probably 25 to 30 minutes.

3. postedJan 19, 2016 1:20 PM
    Kasey Broocks

how did you store? Room temp? How many days?

• January 23rd, 2016 @ 4:34 PM

fine to store them in a covered container at room temp for a few days.

4. postedJan 23, 2016 9:07 AM

Just made these! Added 70g chocolate chips and made with brown sugar. My pan is with 12 muffin places and 1 serving is 130 calories (calculated with MyFitnessPal). Great snack when you want something sweet and also great for breakfast with all the carbs 🙂

5. postedApr 15, 2016 8:33 AM

This recipe did not work for me unfortunately. The muffins were rising beautifully in the oven and turned a beautiful golden color because I added some extra cinnamon. When I cut one muffin in half to see the inside I was really disappointed, it was doughy and raw. Not beating the egg with sugar was probably the culprit, which this recipe fails to mention. They are probably still edible but the inside is just obviously the wrong texture. Sticking them back into the oven only made them rock-hard in the end.

6. postedSep 4, 2016 3:34 AM

These turned out very good! They have such a great flavor and yes, as one comment said they seem done when you take them out of the oven but after they cool a little they are a little mushy in the middle but its okay!! Its just the banana and I think it makes it taste even better! I would just recommend keeping them in the fridge and warming them up when you’re ready to have one. One of the best recipes for healthy banana muffins I have tried yet!