Here’s a slow cooker recipe that is perfect for parties: South Carolina BBQ Pork Sliders
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
South Carolina BBQ Pork Sliders
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 4 pounds bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 24 small dinner rolls, sliced in half
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar, paprika, minced onion, chili powder, salt, garlic powder and allspice. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of this mixture into the bottom of a slow cooker. Rub remaining mixture over pork. Add vinegar and remaining brown sugar to slow cooker; stir to mix. Add pork.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours until pork is fork-tender. Remove pork to cutting board and pull into shreds. Return to slow cooker; add green onions and toss to coat.
- Place about 1/4 cup of pork mixture onto each bun bottom. Add a sprinkle of hot sauce, if desired. Top with bun tops and serve immediately.
- Use a slow-cooker liner to save on clean-up time (Reynolds makes them).
- Liners also make sure your meat is sealed in & moist and they prevent burning.
- Serve with cole slaw!
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted slightly from Woman's Day)