A delicious and simple chicken recipe: Apricot Balsamic Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Apricot Balsamic Chicken
You may very well have all ingredients on hand already to make this chicken recipe. The first time I made this, my husband actually said it was the best chicken I'd ever made!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 1/3 cup all-fruit apricot jam
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken. Add chicken to pan; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, jam, vinegar, and pepper to pan, stirring constantly until the jam melts. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
- I always pound out my chicken breasts a little bit to thin them out and even out their thickness. They cook up quicker and more evenly that way.
- I love the sauce for this chicken, but the flavor might be overwhelming for kids. Serve a dish of the sauce on the side for the little ones- then they can dunk their chicken into the sauce if they wish.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 4 ounces chicken breast w/ 1 1/2 Tablespoons sauce) Calories: 344, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: .88g, Sugar: 17g, Fiber: .63g, Protein: 55g, Cholesterol: 137mg, Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 5, Points Plus: 8 Old Points Program: 7.5