1 cup wild rice
2 chopped green onions
1 Tbs butter
1 tsp salt
2 cups chicken broth (or more)
6 oz. package frozen snow peas, thawed and drained
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
2 Tbs vegetable oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Rinse rice well and drain.
2. Cut the green onion stems into 2″ lengths. Finely chop the white part of the green onions.
3. Melt butter in large saucepan. Add white onion and sauté. Add rice, 1 t. salt and 2 cups chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stir and reduce heat. Cover and cook over low heat until rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed (about 35 minutes). If necessary, add more broth as rice cooks.
4. Heat oil in separate skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes. Add green onion stems, peas and water chestnuts and sauté lightly.
5. Add sauteéd vegetables to the cooked rice. Add salt and pepper. Keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
*If you are using packaged wild rice, leave out the herb seasoning packet.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“The family enjoyed this!”