Holly Cookies

Yield: 2 dozen

Prep Time: 25 min

Cook Time: 10 min

Holly Cookies

The kids love these cute little holly cookies- anything gooey and green! Their flavor is reminiscent of rice krispie treats.

1/2 cup butter
30 large marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons green food coloring
3 1/2 cups corn flakes
red cinnamon candies

1. Melt butter and marshmallows, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and food coloring. Mix in corn flakes. Grease a spoon and drop spoonfuls of mixture on greased cookie sheet, or vegetable oil sprayed wax paper. Place 3 red cinnamon candies on each bunch of "holly," pressing slightly so that they stick.

2. Let sit until they have hardened.

Source: RecipeGirl.com

10 Responses to “Holly Cookies”

1. postedMay 7, 2012 1:45 PM

My aunt used to make these every Christmas and we always called them corroded Corn Flakes! YUM!

2. postedNov 25, 2012 3:56 PM
    Amy Boquist

I have always shape the cornflakes into wreaths and called them wreath cookies..

3. postedDec 5, 2013 11:44 AM
    Crystal Wright

I’ve been eating these since kindergarten…and have been making them for years…they are one of my favorite cookies!

4. postedDec 12, 2013 2:12 AM

Love this idea – these would be great using any colour throughout the year!

5. postedDec 23, 2013 8:58 PM

printing this used 13 sheets of paper and useless printouts!!! would you please change this?? when someone chooses print. Cut and paste would have been the way to go IF I had known. Thank you!

• December 23rd, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

I’m really sorry about that- all has been fixed. This was an old recipe that had not been re-formatted. All is good now.

6. postedDec 24, 2013 8:38 AM

When I added the vanilla and food coloring the consistency of the marshmallow/butter mixture thinned and they don’t seem to be holding up very well…Any advice?

• December 27th, 2013 @ 3:01 PM

I’m not sure- did they end up setting after they cooled?

7. postedDec 24, 2013 7:55 PM
    Taylor Clark

The recipee calls for large marshmallows. This should say campfire marshmallows. I bought jumbo marshmallows on an unfulfilled quest for the ever elusive large marshmallows. This was incorrect. Be forewarned.

• December 27th, 2013 @ 2:59 PM

I’m familiar with mini marshmallows and large (regular-sized marshmallows). I believe the jumbo marshmallows that they just started marketing in recent years are for S’mores.