Always my favorite flavor: Red Velvet Cupcakes
Yield: 28 cupcakes
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Red Velvet Cupcakes
These turn out unbelievably moist. Try topping them with cream cheese frosting too...
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
2 1/4 cups granulated white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ounce bottle of red food coloring (2 Tablespoons)
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until combined. One at a time, add eggs; beat on medium speed after each. Bet in food coloring on low.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture; beat on low-medium after each just until combined. Stir together baking soda and vinegar. Add to batter; beat just until combined.
5. Fill cupcake liners two-thirds full. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Gently remove cupcakes from pans; cool.
6. Frost with buttercream frosting.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens )