3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
2 tsp dried Mexican oregano
½ tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ lbs flank steak, fat trimmed
3 cups vertically sliced onion (about 2 medium onions)
2 cups red and yellow bell pepper strips (about 2 large BP)
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, cheese (optional condiments)
1. Combine 1 t. oil and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Rub steaks with garlic-oil mixture; place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal; marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or overnight.
2. Lightly spray rack of grill with cooking spray. Heat to medium high.
3. Heat remaining 2 t. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño; sauté 5 minutes. Keep warm.
4. Place steak on grill, and cook 4 minutes on each side (only turning once), or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes on a cutting board before slicing crosswise (against grain) into 1/3″ thick slices.
5. Heat tortillas in a covered casserole in 300° oven until warm and pliable. Place a small amount of meat in each tortilla; top with onion-pepper mixture.
6. Top with desired condiments such as guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes and cheese.
Recipe Source: Health, July 2003
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]
“A delicious taco recipe. Simply grilled flank steak with fixins- yum!”