OVEN- BAKED BARBECUE BRISKET
7 to 9 lb. beef brisket
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp celery seed
3 Tbs fresh ground pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
4 bay leaves, crumbled
12 oz can tomato paste
1 cup soy sauce
½ cup worcestershire sauce
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
3 Tbs beer
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Tear off two large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil (enough so that you will be able to completely enclose the brisket). Place meat on the double sheets of foil and rub all sides with garlic.
3. Combine celery seed, pepper, ginger and bay leaves and sprinkle on all sides. Score the fat side of the brisket.
4. Mix tomato paste, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. Rub all over meat.
5. Place onions on top of meat. Wrap and carefully seal meat in foil (you’re going for the pressure cooker effect). Place package fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan, and cook for 4 hours.
6. Open the foil and expose onions covering the top; cook for an additional hour. Remove meat to a heated plate and keep warm.
7. Spoon out grease from the top of the sauce; put remaining sauce in a pan and reduce the liquid on medium heat. Add beer.
8. Slice meat thinly diagonally on the grain, and top with sauce.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]