Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Orange- Scallion Chicken with Spinach and Couscous
1 box couscous, prepared (like the Rice a Roni size)
1/3 cup golden raisins
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium oranges
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 cup chopped scallions
One 9-ounce bag spinach
1. Cook chicken, couscous and sauce simultaneously, as follows:
2. Couscous: Cook according to package directions. Mix in raisins when couscous is cooked.
3. Chicken: Wet chicken with a little water and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add garlic and chicken. Fry about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Sauce: Grate zest from one orange. Place the zest in a small saucepan with the juice from the two oranges and the soy sauce. Gently boil for 1 minute. Add the scallions.
5. To serve: On four plates, place spinach leaves, top with hot cooked couscous. Place chicken breast on top of couscous and drizzle sauce on top.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (recipe given to me, original source not known)