This Orange Scallion Chicken is served on a bed of fresh spinach leaves and hot cooked couscous. It’s a quick and easy, family favorite dinner recipe.
My family is always asking for chicken for dinner. To be honest, I really get tired of making chicken, and I’m always on the hunt for new chicken recipes. A friend gave me this recipe, and it ended up being a big hit with my family- yahoo!
The chicken is simply coated in breadcrumbs and fried in a little bit of oil. Golden raisins are added to hot couscous to plump them up and make the couscous more interesting.
To plate this dinner, you simply put some fresh spinach on a plate and top it with steaming hot couscous, chicken and warm orange sauce. The meal is warm enough to wilt the spinach a little bit. I found it to be just enough to make it not seem like a salad. My husband and son and I really enjoy the whole combination. It’s a great, new chicken recipe to make for dinner!
Orange Scallion Chicken with Spinach and Couscous
- 10 ounce box of couscous
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
- Prepare the couscous: Cook according to package directions. Mix in raisins when couscous is cooked.
- Prepare the chicken: Moisten the chicken with a little water and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add the garlic and chicken. Fry about 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To make the sauce: Grate zest from one orange. Place the zest in a small saucepan with the juice from the two oranges and the soy sauce. Gently boil for 1 minute. Add the scallions.
- To serve: On each of four plates, place a handful spinach leaves and top with hot cooked couscous. Place a cooked chicken breast on top of couscous and drizzle sauce on top.