Love this recipe for Butternut Squash, Rosemary and Blue Cheese Risotto :
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Butternut Squash, Rosemary and Blue Cheese Risotto
- 7 cups + low-salt chicken broth (use vegetable for vegetarian)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 cups Arborio rice (risotto)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Bring 7 cups of broth to boil in a large saucepan. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Melt butter in large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add squash and 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary; sauté 4 minutes to coat with butter. Add rice and stir 2 minutes. Add wine and simmer until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add 3 cups of hot broth, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until rice is just tender and risotto is creamy and slightly soupy, adding more broth by 1/2 cupfuls as needed to maintain consistency and, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes. Stir in spinach, cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer risotto to large bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and serve.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Bon Appetit)