Here’s a lighter, non-mayo based recipe for Greek Style Cole Slaw
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Greek Style Cole Slaw
- Three 10-ounce packages angel hair cabbage (or the cole slaw mix with carrots and purple cabbage included)
- 2 large carrots, finely grated (if carrots are not in the cabbage mix)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) - more, if desired- crumbled feta cheese
- garnishes: red onion slices and pepperoncini (optional)
- Place cabbage and carrots in a large bowl, and toss.
- Place olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and dry mustard in a jar; cover tightly and shake to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss well. Mix in feta cheese.
- Top the slaw with a few red onion slices and/or sliced pepperoncini.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (Serving size: 1/12th of the salad), Calories 70, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Sugar 3.5g, Sodium 91mg, Fiber 2g, Protein 2g, Cholesterol 5.5mg, Carbohydrates 6g
- WW POINTS per serving: Points Plus Program: 2 Old Points Program: 1
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (recipe given to me, original source unknown)