How to Make Wedding Cupcakes

That title should read… “How to Make Wedding Cupcakes when You’re Not Really a Professional Cupcake Baker.” Since I’m always bringing treats to people, those people occasionally ask if they can hire me to make treats. Not really wishing to create a business of making and selling food, I typically decline- however, a very sweet, young teacher at my son’s school was getting married last weekend and asked if I would do the cupcakes for her wedding. (In case you’re not in on the latest, apparently cupcakes are a hip alternative to a fancy wedding cake nowadays). We met and discussed the project, and I found myself agreeing to make 96 cupcakes! I owe a huge, HUGE thank you to my Twitter pal and “real-life” cupcake professional Kristin who has a business called Meringue Bake Shop in Southern California.  Kristin took the time to share tips and advice about making cupcakes for clients.

Here are the details:
The bride wanted white and chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting. I tested out some recipes and frosting patterns in the weeks prior to the wedding. The recipes chosen are at the bottom of this post. The bride also wanted a combination of white, light blue and light yellow frosting. She chose two different frosting patterns and wanted some with pearls and some without.

Some of the pictures…

I used a 1G Tip by Bakery Crafts for this simple swirl. The chocolate cupcake recipe used was excellent. It was really easy to make and it stayed pretty flat on top, making it easier to pipe the frosting.

I used a 2D Wilton tip for this more funky pattern. I loved the white cupcake… though I’m a little embarrassed to tell you about the recipe. It was a doctored-up cake mix recipe (gasp!!) I know that’s not very gourmet, and it’s completely atypical of how I usually bake, but I’m telling you that these cupcakes were GOOD!! And again, a really easy recipe to make- the tops stayed nice and flat & easy for frosting.

My kitchen and dining room were a sea of cupcakes for the better part of a day!

The bride requested that I make a dozen completely sugar-free cupcakes for a few guests who were not able to eat sugar.

I’m not big on baking with Splenda, but both the cupcake recipe and the frosting recipe I used had Spenda in them instead of sugar. They were okay. I don’t particularly like the flavor that Splenda imparts, but I have to say that these were a good alternative dessert for those who can’t have the sugar.

The bride also asked that I make her a small cake for the top tier of her cupcake display. They wanted to be able to cut into a little wedding cake.

I made a 6-inch two layer cake. I used the same cake recipe as the cupcakes- same frosting recipe too. The tip used for the edging was the Wilton 2D. The bride placed flowers on top of the cake for additional decor.

Though it was a ton of work, it was a fun project to do. And I actually feel pretty good about how they turned out (having never, ever done fancy cupcakes before!) Now that I’m a “paid cupcake-baking professional,” I’m sure that it won’t be quite as difficult to do next time. So let me know if you want some :)

Here are all of the recipes:
Chocolatey Cupcakes (not dipped in the ganache)
White Wedding Cupcakes
White Wedding Buttercream
White Wedding Cake
Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting
If you can have a little bit of sugar in the frosting, I prefer this chocolate frosting recipe

207 Responses to “How to Make Wedding Cupcakes”

VeggieGirl — March 17, 2009 @ 3:35 AM

So elegant and delicate!!

Aimee — March 17, 2009 @ 4:59 AM

Wow, these are styling! I’m sure you made the bride’s day!
    Great job.

Chocolate Angie — March 17, 2009 @ 6:34 AM

These look absolutely delicious! Can someone with little kitchen experience make these?

kellypea — March 17, 2009 @ 6:41 AM

A very lovely job on those, Lori! That crazy tip turns out such a beautiful design. Transporting them had to be the high point, right? ; )

Nick — March 17, 2009 @ 5:44 AM

I would hire you for those cupcakes in like 2 seconds.

Beautiful stuff. Not sure that I would like the Splenda version, but good work being flexible.

-Nick

kim — March 17, 2009 @ 5:56 AM

they look wonderful!! i especially love the squiggly pattern you piped on some of them, it is so pretty and elegant.

patsyk — March 17, 2009 @ 6:06 AM

Gorgeous! You did an amazing job on them. I can’t imagine how much work it was to decorate all of those cupcakes!

Anne — March 17, 2009 @ 6:06 AM

Beautiful, Lori! What an awesome job. I bet they’ll love them.

Maria — March 17, 2009 @ 6:09 AM

WOW! you did an amazing job! I am sure the bride and groom were THRILLED with the outcome! The cupcakes are too cute and I love the cake as well. I am sure you will be getting tons of calls for other jobs!

WishTrish — March 17, 2009 @ 6:33 AM

That White Wedding Cake recipe is EXACTLY the one I have been using for years, and I think I actually posted it to my blog, as well a while back. I LOVE IT! As many scratch cakes as I come up with and create, that recipe is consistently a favorite for many. The best part is how sturdy it is for stacking tall. Fabulous! I think I originally got it from RecipeZaar.

I love this post. You are a talent to be reckoned with!

Gudrun — March 17, 2009 @ 6:41 AM

oh wow, what beautiful cupcakes! And I think this was a major undertaking – you did quite a lot of work. I was impressed with all the cupcakes, then I get to the part about how you made sugar free ones. Oh, and a 6 inch round cake! Wow!

I am amazed at how nice a cupcake looks when frosting is piped on with a frosting tip and bag. I use that for my kids’ birthdays and am always excited by the final product.

Great job!

RecipeGirl — March 17, 2009 @ 6:42 AM

Chocolate Angie- the cupcakes themselves are simple enough. If you buy the right tip, I think they were pretty easy to do. You just stuff the frosting in the big plastic, disposable bags and squeeze away in a swirly motion. I didn’t think they were that tough to do…just time consuming.

Barbara — March 17, 2009 @ 6:42 AM

Congratulations! It looks like you did a great job! I’ll have to try your recipes.

Lynda — March 17, 2009 @ 6:51 AM

Those are beautiful cupcakes! You did an amazing job and I’m sure the bride was very pleased.

Mary Kay — March 17, 2009 @ 7:08 AM

What a beautiful job. I wish I could pipe frosting like that. They look amazing!

Delilah — March 17, 2009 @ 7:10 AM

These are so cute and fun!

Rosie — March 17, 2009 @ 7:15 AM

Very beautiful cakes! You really have done a great job on those.

Erika Kerekes — March 17, 2009 @ 7:28 AM

These are just gorgeous.

Sara — March 17, 2009 @ 7:48 AM

Wow! They are gorgeous! I bet the bride was very happy.

Judy — March 17, 2009 @ 8:19 AM

They look just beautiful. I am sure the bride was so happy with her cupcakes!!! Glad you didn’t go with the large ones!

Rachelle — March 17, 2009 @ 8:29 AM

Congrats!! Everything came out beautifully!
    Off to check out the chocolate recipe :)

Shari — March 17, 2009 @ 8:31 AM

They look great! I love the fancy look of the icing. So pretty. What a ton of work, but you must be proud.

LilSis — March 17, 2009 @ 8:46 AM

Beautiful cupcakes! They definitely look like they were made by a Professional Cupcake Baker! The bride had to be thrilled.

Debbie — March 17, 2009 @ 10:02 AM

All the cupcakes and cake look gorgeous. Wow, you are very talented!

noble pig — March 17, 2009 @ 10:05 AM

Seriously they are absolutely beautiful! You did an amazing, amazing job. Love the pearls!

Culinarywannabe — March 17, 2009 @ 10:44 AM

These are so beautiful!!! Had I been a guest at the wedding, I would have assumed she paid an absurd amount for these. Maybe you should become a professional cupcake person. :)

ingrid — March 17, 2009 @ 10:59 AM

Marvelous job!!! Good for you! Your frosting looks like it held up pretty good sans shortening.

Guess what? I just agreed (this am) to do a wedding/birthday cake. Ever since I keep thinking what the heck was I thinking! Needless to say I’ll be practicing my piping skills!
    ~ingrid

Tracy — March 17, 2009 @ 11:33 AM

You certainly could make a business out of it. Those are so gorgeous.

Carolyn Jung — March 17, 2009 @ 12:52 PM

These are gorgeous! Very elegant and classic. What bride wouldn’t love these!

annap — March 17, 2009 @ 12:59 PM

great looking cupcakes! congratulations ms. cupcake pro. =)

Mike — March 17, 2009 @ 1:03 PM

Those cupcakes look perfect for a wedding. They sound delicious and look elegant. Great work!

ChefBliss — March 17, 2009 @ 1:59 PM

These are great! You did an awesome job!!

jennywenny — March 17, 2009 @ 2:22 PM

Good for you, congratulations! Very pretty! I did desserts for my first wedding this weekend and although it was incredibly stressful, I think now that I’ve done it once it will be a lot less stressful next time!

Bunny — March 17, 2009 @ 4:24 PM

WOW!! You did a fantastic job with everything, the cupcakes and the cake are beautiful!

Reeni — March 17, 2009 @ 4:38 PM

You are amazing!! Their beautiful, you do lovely work!

Psychgrad — March 17, 2009 @ 5:56 PM

Great post! This is similar to what I’d like to do for my wedding…so I’ll definitely be referring back to this post. Thanks!

Stacey Snacks — March 17, 2009 @ 5:59 PM

First of all, stop being modest, I saw all your baking posts last yr and YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL BAKER! maybe not getting paid to be one, but your creations are beautiful!

My friend had cupcakes at her wedding w/ silver dragee and they were lovely!

elin — March 17, 2009 @ 6:54 PM

Well done! I love those beautiful frosting on the cupcakes. I wish I could pipe as well as you. Congrats!

Cheers,
    Elin

Claudia Lima — March 17, 2009 @ 7:17 PM

I just loved everything! I dream of learnig how to pipe frosting on cakes and cupcakes.
    I would love to see how you did that pattern in the cake. It looks really professional and very delicate.
    Congratulations! I am sure everybody loved your nice work!

fiz — March 17, 2009 @ 7:19 PM

Oh gawd – you’re a rock star. What a load of work. You’re scaring me – Psychgrad wants a cupcake tree for her wedding – could you book your flight now??…please….I’m begging

nina — March 17, 2009 @ 7:28 PM

These cupcakes are as professional as you can get, well done!!! I think your hobby has just turned into a business!!!!

southern hostess — March 17, 2009 @ 7:40 PM

These are gorgeous! Too pretty to eat!

Natalie — March 17, 2009 @ 7:54 PM

These are beautiful! I bet her wedding cupcakes are going to be just as memorable as her wedding. :)

sharon — March 17, 2009 @ 8:15 PM

Wow, you did an amazing job! I’m sure the bride was quite pleased. Looks like you may have some more requests coming in. If you ever need help, I’m in the area! :)

My Sweet & Saucy — March 17, 2009 @ 10:15 PM

They turned out gorgeous!

Elyse — March 17, 2009 @ 10:34 PM

What an impressive feat! Congrats on doing such an excellent job. I’m sure you made the bride super happy. Your cupcakes and cake look just fantastic!!

stephchows — March 18, 2009 @ 6:26 AM

amazing job!!! Everything looks totally professional! My mom and I are currently having a little argument over a wedding cake… I don’t want one… she wants us to have one… boooooo we’ll see where that goes! haha

Big Boys Oven — March 18, 2009 @ 8:35 AM

Your creaming is so elegant and so classic, just awesome!

CakeSpy — March 18, 2009 @ 8:42 AM

Hot damn!! This is the best blog post I’ve seen in some time. Inspiring, beautiful–and delicious!

cookiepie — March 18, 2009 @ 10:41 AM

How beautiful!!! I’m sure the bride was thrilled!

dawn — March 18, 2009 @ 11:13 AM

oh that shade of green color frosting is GORGEOUS. I never could get piping down pat. I need tons of hours of pratice. You really did a good job; the cupcakes really look so uniform.

Elle — March 18, 2009 @ 11:27 AM

Lori–they’re just stunningly gorgeous! Any bride would be lucky to have you make cupcake and cake for her.

Sue G. — March 18, 2009 @ 12:15 PM

Love this post!!

Michelle — March 18, 2009 @ 2:55 PM

You did a beautiful job. The cupcakes are just lovely.
    Michelle

Fran — March 18, 2009 @ 5:26 PM

Good Job!!! Do you think the white cake recipe is dense enough for a 3-D Soccer Ball Cake?

RecipeGirl — March 18, 2009 @ 7:45 PM

Fran- it’s possibly not the best cake for shaping as a 3-D sort of pattern. It works well to hold the frosting, but not super dense. It’s more like a light & fluffy cake.

Marie — March 18, 2009 @ 8:06 PM

I’m so impressed Lori, you did a fantastic job!!

KatieG — March 19, 2009 @ 4:58 PM

So pretty! I love the squiggly frosting pattern and the cake looks elegant, but simple.

clumbsycookie — March 20, 2009 @ 4:42 AM

Will you shipped them to Portugal? Lol! Congratulations Lori, they look great! You did very well, I bet the bride was thrilled!

Sara — March 20, 2009 @ 5:10 AM

Beautiful cupcakes! The small wedding cake is adorable, too!

Cate O'Malley — March 20, 2009 @ 11:53 AM

They look fabulous! I’m taking a Wilton class next month to get a little better at decorating – really looking forward to it.

Deborah — March 21, 2009 @ 7:15 PM

These are beautiful – perfect for a wedding!

megan — March 22, 2009 @ 7:17 AM

I love the pearls on top! So elegant.

Sandy S — March 23, 2009 @ 6:17 PM

You did a terrific job on these, Lori! Just lovely!

RobinSue — March 24, 2009 @ 3:33 AM

What a huge task! Your cupcakes are lovely. What a lucky bride! How on earth did you transport all of those cupcakes??

RecipeGirl — March 24, 2009 @ 4:58 AM

RobinSue- I had special cupcake carrying boxes that I purchased from a local baking supply shop. That made transportation much easier!

lyndsay — March 24, 2009 @ 4:32 PM

sooo beautiful! you did an amazing job! thanks for posting! :)

Kristin A. — March 30, 2009 @ 3:50 PM

Hey! Thanks for the mention! i just saw this post. Your wedding cupcakes turned out so great. Very elegant and pretty.

RecipeGirl — March 30, 2009 @ 3:58 PM

Thanks Kristin! Really, you were extremely helpful with all of my questions. Appreciate your expertise!

jennifer — April 5, 2009 @ 1:33 PM

they looked really pretty what a team dark and white cupcakes .yummy?

Ginger — April 6, 2009 @ 2:46 AM

Incredible work!! All I can say is stunning and a very lucky bride!

Fran — April 20, 2009 @ 2:14 AM

Wow, so delicious!!!! Just wanted to let you know that I made the 3-D Soccer Ball cake, using this recipe for the bottom half. It held up well. I used the boxed cake mix, using the instructions on the box, for the top half. Will be using this recipe for my husbands “Putting Green” cake this week-end.

RecipeGirl — April 20, 2009 @ 4:40 AM

Fran- that’s so great!! I want to make a fun, homemade cake for my son’s upcoming bday so perhaps I’ll try that out too. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

tracey b. — April 20, 2009 @ 1:36 PM

just one more person saying fantastic job!! i’ve been a cook all my life and am now just starting to do pastry seriously. pastry is definately an exact science and an art. great job!

jonell — May 25, 2009 @ 4:13 AM

Made these last nite as a test for my wedding. This has saved me alot of money! I have been too comfortable with my cakes and desserts that I haven’t challenged myself much with decorating bags and tips. Thank you for taking me out of my comfort zone.

Lacey — May 31, 2009 @ 7:47 PM

This may very well save my life this weekend! I’m headed out of town for my dear friend’s wedding, and we are making cupcakes the NIGHT before the wedding!! Scary I know… but having stumbled across this made me feel more confident in my abilities. **fingers crossed**
    THANK YOU!!!!

alyson — November 6, 2009 @ 1:36 PM

can you tell me what size the little balls are on the cupcakes? Thanks

Lori Lange — November 10, 2009 @ 3:18 PM

Alyson- ummm, no idea. They’re just little sugar pearl balls that are sold in baking shops.

Ruby — December 28, 2009 @ 1:39 PM

The small 6inch cake using Wilton 2D is beautiful!
    1. Could you pls tell me if the tip was used for both the top and bottom edging
    1. How did you use the tip to create the edding? I’m new to decorating, would appreciate it, thank you!

Lori Lange — December 29, 2009 @ 5:29 AM

Ruby- I’m no expert at cake decorating, believe me! That was the very first wedding cake I had ever done. I pretty much just picked a tip and squeezed away without really thinking about strategy. The same tip was used for both edge and bottom.

As far as practice, it would be good to get some of the cheap frosting in the can and put it into a disposable piping bag (or plastic baggie) with the tip placed into the corner. Practice piping to see what you like best. Good luck!

Anne — January 13, 2010 @ 2:58 PM

I love the simple and elegant designs and colors. You are my inspiration for my baking adventure for my sister’s wedding coming up. Some ?s: How far in advance did you make the cupcakes? How did you store them (wrapped or not)? How long can the cupcakes be left out frosted?? Thanks!

Lori Lange — January 14, 2010 @ 12:08 PM

Anne- I had to make about 125 cupcakes, so I was able to make them the night before & then frost the day of. I purchased special cupcake boxes at a bakery supply store that held them and kept them safe, and I was able to put those into the refrigerator to keep fresh until serving later in the day (on a hot day). I did keep a few though and didn’t refrigerate those at all. They were still good a couple of days later.

Karlee — March 2, 2010 @ 12:38 PM

I was just wondering, what was the recipe for the chocolate cake mix that you used?

Lori Lange — March 2, 2010 @ 7:47 PM

There are links to all of the recipes mentioned at the end of the post. Mixed reviews on the chocolate cake recipe though as it is baked w/ Splenda. If you’re used to baked products w/ Splenda it will taste good to you.

Harriet — March 7, 2010 @ 1:34 AM

How did you manage to get such a good (and consistent!) shape for the cupcakes? They’re amazing! Makes them look a lot more classy and professional. What sort of tray do you use?

Lori Lange — March 7, 2010 @ 6:15 AM

Steady hand! I used a special cupcake box with inserts for transport.

Robin — March 31, 2010 @ 4:43 PM

How did the bride display them at the reception?

Lori Lange — March 31, 2010 @ 7:53 PM

Not sure… I boxed them up and sent them along with the groom.

divinecupcake777 — May 31, 2010 @ 2:03 AM

Absolutely awesome. I live in south africa and searched 4 a recipe that gave me a flat top, and i came across yours for domed ganache, which i also needed. made them – they are simply ‘divine’. also made your ganache – hmmmm – now i need a recipe for a vanilla fail safe and moist – with a flat surface that will allow me to pour on fondant or dip – i keep getting little points on mine.

txs

K.E. — June 11, 2010 @ 10:32 AM

How do you think the white wedding cupcakes would work with mini-choco chips added? For a kids “wedding party.”

Lori Lange — June 11, 2010 @ 11:33 AM

@K.E., That seems like it would work out ok, and then do a sprinkle of mini-chips on top too!

cindy — June 12, 2010 @ 6:36 AM

how far ahead did you make the cake. does it
    freeze well? how far ahead did you frost the cupcakes???? thanks

Lori Lange — June 12, 2010 @ 6:57 AM

@cindy, I had to make about 125 cupcakes, so I was able to make them the night before & then frost the day of. I purchased special cupcake boxes at a bakery supply store that held them and kept them safe, and I was able to put those into the refrigerator to keep fresh until serving later in the day (on a hot day). I did keep a few though and didn’t refrigerate those at all. They were still good a couple of days later. I haven’t tried freezing them. I’d suggest testing it out to see if the quality is what you expect.

K.E. — June 12, 2010 @ 10:28 AM

I shopped yesterday for my supplies and I got little pearl balls like yours for topping…but in a light green (for color). I’m sure the little ones haven’t seen sprinkles like those. The mini chips will just have to be the surprise waiting on the inside! Thanks for your reply!

Melody — June 28, 2010 @ 10:33 AM

I love your detailed pictures! How long did it take to make 96 cupcakes?

Lori Lange — June 29, 2010 @ 4:48 AM

@Melody, I made the cupcakes the night before & lightly covered them with plastic wrap, then iced them all the following morning- the day of the event.

Siobhan — June 29, 2010 @ 9:09 AM

I am getting married soon and would love to have these cupcakes at my wedding, they are absolutely gorgeous. Could you please make some for me, and if not do you know anybody who will make me something similar

jenny — June 29, 2010 @ 3:48 PM

do you have any pictures/demonstration of how you made the designs? do you start on the outer rim & make 3 rotations? what angle do you hold the bag? when i try, it looks kind of messy. i am experienced with decorating, but am having trouble making them look elegant.

Lori Lange — June 29, 2010 @ 4:42 PM

@jenny, No, I’m afraid I didn’t show quite that much detail. Perhaps I’ll do a video one of these days. I start on the outside edge and swirl my way inward. It takes a bit of practice. I always tell people to buy some cheap frosting in the can and experiment with that until they get the hang of it. You might try different sized tips too. Good luck :)

Lori Lange — June 29, 2010 @ 4:45 PM

@Siobhan, I’m afraid I’m not available to make these for anyone. I don’t know of anyone at this time who does, but you might try a cupcake bakery… or see if a friend has an interest/talent in baking them for you!

Amy Nanney — July 15, 2010 @ 6:38 PM

I made these chocolate-followed a previous suggestion to add 3 whole eggs instead of 4 egg whites, and I used boxed devils food instead of white cake mix and less vanilla with about a tablespoon of cocoa. I also added chocolate chips! Delicous!! I am practicing for my son’s 7th birthday and he ate 3 mini cupcakes without stopping! He usually just licks off the icing, so needless to say I was VERY happy with the results. Thank you SO much for sharing!!!

Lori Lange — July 16, 2010 @ 8:02 AM

@Amy Nanney, Wonderful! I’m thrilled to have a chocolate option to try out now. Thanks for sharing your successful experiment!

Amy Nanney — July 21, 2010 @ 2:42 PM

You’re welcome!! It’s worth trying :)!!

Jane — August 7, 2010 @ 5:55 AM

I just stumbled across this website. You are such a talent! I would LOVE to see a video on how you piped such BEAUTIFUL cupcakes if you have the time!!!! Thanks for your inspiration.

Lori Lange — August 7, 2010 @ 9:50 AM

@Jane, Thanks :) I’d love to do an instructional video. Perhaps I’ll get around to it one of these days!

Jo — August 11, 2010 @ 4:44 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. Those look absolutely gorgeous!! I’m a self-confessed cupcake-lunatic, and until now I haven’t found a blog or site that showed professional-looking cupcakes! (They usually look like something a little kid has attempted). Thanks for mentioning which piping bag tips you used :)

Margene — August 28, 2010 @ 7:39 AM

Can these be frozen for several days ahead of time, then frosted the day before the event? Or, can they be frozen with the frosting AND pearls on them? Then transported as they thaw?

Margene — August 28, 2010 @ 7:43 AM

After putting the swirl frosting on the cupcakes, I am also putting a 1″ vanilla heart (made from a mold) in the frosting on some. Also using royal icing flowers with a sugar pearl in center of each, so I have 3 different toppings going on (including the pearls).

Angela — September 11, 2010 @ 10:44 PM

I am going to make these for my daughters wedding. My tips don’t have the 1M or 2M on them. Mine are in 100 numbers. Can you tell me which one of mine is close to the ones you used.If I made these on a Thurs. and she married on a Sat. do you think they will still be fresh and the icing stay firm in the fridge?I have to decorate on Friday so I won’t have time to do the cakes then. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Lori Lange — September 12, 2010 @ 8:05 AM

@Angela, I’m afraid I’m not familiar w/ the numbers you mentioned… my suggestion would be to just get some cheap canned frosting and experiment w/ the tips you have to see what kind of swirl you prefer. I’d also suggest that you make a test round of the cupcakes before the wedding… and frost them one day and see how they are a couple of days later– and if you’re happy with that. Sorry I can’t be of more help, but everyone’s preferences are different so it’s hard to say if you’d be happy w/ the result or not. Testing it out is best.

Katherine — September 27, 2010 @ 5:58 PM

I am making cupcakes for my cousins wedding. Any suggestions on where to get the large size cupcake boxes with inserts? It’s probably going to be 90cupcakes. Please email me if you know any good online retailers. Thanks so much!

Nicole — September 28, 2010 @ 10:24 AM

I am getting married in May 2011… could you tell me a ball-park price on how much it would cost me to do these myself??… LOVE cupcakes but I’m on a tight budget! Thanks :)

Lori Lange — September 28, 2010 @ 3:03 PM

@Nicole, No idea… you’d have to price out the ingredients that you’d be buying yourself and see what you come up with!

Lori Lange — September 28, 2010 @ 3:04 PM

@Katherine, I got lucky with a local place near LA, but I don’t remember the name of the place. Your best bet is to contact baking supply stores, or you might even be able to get a cupcake (or regular) bakery sell you a few. Good luck!

Shannon — October 11, 2010 @ 6:24 AM

Wow that frosting came out beautifully. Would you mind if I asked what brands you used on your ingredients? I tried the recipe myself but I don’t think my ingredients made it taste very good. I’m sure if I had the right ingredients it would turn out like yours. My frosting looked very similar to yours but did not taste very good. I have a feeling it was the butter I used. Thank you for the pictures they are a real inspiration. :)

Lori Lange — October 13, 2010 @ 10:39 AM

@Shannon, I don’t buy any special brand for butter- usually just whatever the store-brand generic is. But do make sure it’s “butter” and not any sort of substitute.

samira — November 1, 2010 @ 5:21 AM

Hi i just wondered on the thrid picture down with the pale green frosting and the one you are doing in yellow what nozzle is used for the green as it looksamazing ! Thanks

Lori Lange — November 3, 2010 @ 9:18 AM

@samira, It’s a 1G tip from Bakery Craft. If you look closely, you can see that it’s a basic swirl tip, but it’s one of the larger nozzles instead of the tiny ones.

Kelly — November 23, 2010 @ 7:16 PM

Hi! Your cupcakes baked so evenly and beautifully! I was wondering what type of pan you use and what cupcake papers. Sometimes I find that certain papers fold in really weird when you add the batter. Is there a certain brand of pan or papers that you prefer? Any other tips on baking an even cupcake? Thanks!

Lori Lange — November 24, 2010 @ 9:58 PM

@Kelly, I used a combo of pans- one light metal and one dark. No specific brand of liners-just whatever my cake decor store carries!

Ann — January 20, 2011 @ 12:54 PM

Wow, these are gorgeous! I’m bookmarking this.

Lora — February 24, 2011 @ 7:14 AM

Beautifu!!!!!!

Lora — February 24, 2011 @ 10:22 AM

Hi, I was wondering what the colors are you used in your frosting. They are beautiful…Thanks!

Lori Lange — February 25, 2011 @ 5:36 PM

@Lora, I’m not quite sure- the bride bought the colors, gave them to me & then I gave them back to her. They were the concentrated paste kind of color- a yellow and a turquoise color- just a tiny bit of each.

Kay — February 28, 2011 @ 7:05 AM

The yellow that you used for the frosting – is that just a basic food colouring or did you use a yellow paste?

Lori Lange — February 28, 2011 @ 8:07 PM

@Kay, Used a yellow concentrated paste.

amanda — March 17, 2011 @ 6:44 PM

I was looking at your cupcakes, and I am thinking of having a outside wedding. We are thinking of doing cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. My problem is that I can’t have any dairy and all the recipe I found I don’t like so I was wondering if you might have a good one for a non dairy that I might be able to use. Or if anyone does :)

Lori Lange — March 19, 2011 @ 8:31 AM

@amanda, I suppose you’d have to go with a shortening-based frosting instead, which I don’t particularly care for. I’m afraid I don’t have a recipe for you…

Lisa — March 20, 2011 @ 6:39 PM

Was wondering what you charged for the cupcakes you made for the wedding and the cake. I am making 200 cupcakes plus a small topper cake. Also, have you made a video of your frosting techniques? These are so awesome, love your work.

Lori Lange — March 22, 2011 @ 6:37 AM

@Lisa, It was an acquaintance of mine, so I didn’t charge too much! I think I got $150 for making 75 cupcakes and a small cake. I’d charge more next time ;)

Diana — March 28, 2011 @ 5:23 PM

Hi, First of all, beautiful cupcakes and decorations, very talented talent. I’m making cupcakes, cake pops and a cake for a 5 year old birthday party, I was just wondering how the frosting tasted? Is it similar to whipped cream, which is what I usually use. I would hate to have it taste greasy

Lori Lange — March 28, 2011 @ 9:43 PM

@Diana, It doesn’t taste like grocery store cupcake icing, that’s for sure… those are made w/ shortening. This is your typical buttercream frosting- it’s not like whipped cream. Best to try it out first if you want to make sure it’s what you’re looking for.

Tracy — April 25, 2011 @ 3:33 PM

Beautiful cupcakes! So elegant and lovely!

Cookin' Canuck — April 25, 2011 @ 5:02 PM

Very pretty, Lori! It’s amazing how much work it is to make cupcakes or a cake for an event like a wedding.

Jenny Flake — April 25, 2011 @ 6:03 PM

Gorgeous cupcakes, what a helpful post!!

Debra — June 27, 2011 @ 9:55 PM

FIRST, I must say, I am in NO WAY A BAKER; however, YOU inspired me to bake ‘wedding cupcakes’ and a ‘wedding cake’ (sm. one) for our daughter’s wedding… (A ‘wedding’ cake was going to cost upwards of $600.00!) SO, I practiced making c.c.’s using your recipes for the last 3 mths at every family get-together; and two weeks ago I made approx 250 regular cupcakes and about 100 mini’s, along w/a 3-layer wedding cake AND groom’s cake! THANK YOU for the inspiration AND the AWESOME recipes!~ EVERYONE (close to 200 peope!) RAVED how melt-in-the-mouth YUMMY they were!!

I did reduce the flour and sugar to 3/4 c. each (which made them a little lighter and less sweet) and I “coned out” the centers of about 2/3’s of the c.c. and filled them w/a raspberry topping, fudge filling, and ‘dulce de leche'; then recapped and frosted using a 1M tip (couldn’t find the one you used-but the outcome was VERY similar) and topped with the ‘pearls’ (and some glitter on the cakes:)….. SOOOOO elegant!
    The buttercream frosting: For our ‘sweet-tooth’, we found using only 1-1/2 c. Pwdrd sugar and mixing (in a stand mixer) for 30-sec (to cream butter); then 2-3 min increments (5-6 min total) made it A LOT whiter, WAY less sweet, and VERY light–but still stiff; WONDERFUL, COULD NOT STOP EATING IT :) and it does double VERY WELL! YES, it was time consuming– BUT, it was a ‘Labor of Love’ :~) and I would do it all over again! Actually…..This 4th of July weekend we will be holding a 3-day family reunion w/approx. 150-200 attending and I will be putting your recipes to use AGAIN!!!

I CANNOT thank you enough–nor can the new ‘bride and groom’! I will ~forever~ be using your wedding cupcake recipes!!! God Bless!

Lori Lange — June 27, 2011 @ 10:40 PM

What a great message! So glad they worked out!

Dawn — July 13, 2011 @ 11:08 AM

Beautiful cupcakes! where did you get the pearls?

Lori Lange — July 13, 2011 @ 11:42 PM

At a baking supply store. Craft stores should have them too!

Jan — August 3, 2011 @ 7:07 PM

Thanks so much for this site and the great pictures and recipes. My future daughter in law mentioned to me she would like cupcakes at the wedding but wasn’t sure who to ask. This site inspired me to make 400 regular and 225 mini cupcakes for her and my son’s wedding in June. I used your white wedding cake recipe, a strawberry cream cheese and two kinds of chocolate recipes. I used your buttercream frosting recipe and added cocoa to it for the chocolate. Colors were pool blue, ivory and I added a little brown coloring to the chocolate frosting. Everything was amazing! I received so many compliments and have somehow managed to commit to 2 more weddings. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and talent with others!

Lori Lange — August 4, 2011 @ 7:21 AM

Love hearing that the recipe was a success. Thanks for sharing that, and I’m glad it is working out for you!

Michelle — August 11, 2011 @ 12:02 AM

These look great and sounds like something I could do for my grand-daughter’s wedding.
    Thank you..

BDE — September 12, 2011 @ 8:49 PM

Want to try the frosting. but I live in a tropical island will the frosting melt if i were to have an outdoor wedding.

Lori Lange — September 13, 2011 @ 9:18 PM

The only way you will know is if you test it out and see!

lisa brakebill — September 30, 2011 @ 12:00 PM

Omg… I used this recipe to make my daughter’s birthday cake. I used 3 small cake pans and did a gradual color change with each pan using purple gel coloring. The taste was amazing! Thank you SOOOO much!

Lori Lange — September 30, 2011 @ 1:34 PM

How fun! I’ve always wanted to try a rainbow cake like that.

Natasha — October 15, 2011 @ 8:17 AM

Thank you sooo much for these recipes. I have been searching for so good chocolate and vanilla cupcakes as well as a good buttercream to use at my wedding a little under a month away. I was starting to panic because I couldn’t find anything I liked and even started to gain a bit of weight taste testing everything! lol All of these recipes turned out great and I will be using them for my big day :)

Lori Lange — October 16, 2011 @ 10:39 AM

Glad to hear!

Misty — November 26, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

I just made a batch of these tonight. I used egg whites from a carton instead of separating 4 eggs. I feel like the cupcakes were not sweet enough, stuck to the cupcake liners, and it had a strange consistency (like too many air bubbles). I used the cheapest cupcake liners and maybe I beat the batter for too long? The butter cream turned out really good!

Lori Lange — November 26, 2011 @ 9:19 PM

All I can think of is that it must have been the carton egg whites.

Suzanne — January 3, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Thanks for this post! Did they transport well in a large box (no sliding around)? How many cupcakes fit in a box (and do you remember the size box you used?)

Lori Lange — January 5, 2012 @ 7:22 AM

I used cupcake boxes, so there were dividers already in between each cupcake. I think it would be pretty hard to do otherwise.

Susan Rao — February 20, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

I was so excited to make these as they looked so beautiful! They didn’t cook??? I cooked for 18 minutes, then another 2 and another 2 and another 2…then the outside was “hard” but the inside was doughy. Disappointed to say the least. Followed the instructions exactly :(

Lori Lange — February 21, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

Susan- I’m not sure what to say… something tells me that you must have made an error somewhere- I make them all the time, and if you read the reviews… others have had success as well. Don’t give up on the recipe- it’s a good one!

Amy — March 19, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

This recipe is amazing!!! Thank you so much for posting it! I have noticed that Duncan Hines cut the package size of the Classic cake mixes from 18.25 oz to 16.5 oz. Do you know if the recipe above will still work for the new cake mix size?

Lori Lange — March 19, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

I had no idea that they changed the ounces- that’s horrible! I’m not sure… I haven’t tried it with the new amount. Seems pretty insignificant, but you never know.

jennifer — March 25, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

Hi there! For my upcoming wedding I will be making my own cupcakes, which is very exciting but terrifying (don’t want to screw up) I have been practicing different methods of keeping the cupcakes fresh for the big day and have come to the conclusion that I will need to make them no more than 4 days in advance. I will be making just the cupcakes (the doctored up white cake recipe that I got from this article, sooo tasty) on a wednesday evening for the saturday event. The frosting will be whipped up (the buttercream recipe) the day before. The cupcakes will need to be stored and then I will be transportng them in my car from my home to where the wedding will be (about an hour away) What tips do you have for storing them for the days leading up the wedding and for the car ride? I have purchased cupcake holders for the finished cupcakes (didn’t want the frosting to get smooshed) but Im afraid that I don’t have room for all of them in my fridge (I am making 5 dozen). Would it be okay to leave them in the holders but just leave them on the counter? Or should they be in the fridge? any advise would be much appreciated

Lori Lange — March 26, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

I cleared out my fridge and refrigerated mine. Transport was easy since I had nice cupcake boxes. I’d suggest experimenting with leaving some out at room temp and refrigerating some and see which ones you like better.

Jan — March 31, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

@Jennifer – I made 625 cupcakes for my son’s wedding and froze them 2 weeks prior to the wedding and decorated them the day before, and then refrigerated until putting them out for the reception. They were amazing! So moist and and delicious. So don’t be afraid to make them a week or two prior to your big day. You will have enough going on the week of the wedding, that getting the cupcakes out of the way will be a good idea. Good luck and best wishes!

Michele — May 30, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

How very lovely these turned out! I am doing 120 cupcakes for a wedding in 2 weeks. I am very nervous about it. I have made dozens of cakes and sold a lot, but this is my first order for wedding cupcakes! I don’t even know how much icing I need, can’t decide how much to put on each one! Thanks for your post, it made me a bit less nervous!

Cami Mattingly — July 8, 2012 @ 9:49 AM

Used your recipe for the wedding cupcakes and icing to make my son’s 16th birthday cake. If I can figure out how, I’ll post the pic!!!! Take wait to taste it.

rose johnson — July 20, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Would this work for a half sheet cake? Thanks Rose

Lori Lange — July 22, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

I’m not sure. It makes enough batter for three 8-inch rounds pans, if that helps!

Heather T — August 1, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

These turned out yummy! Makes a ton of cupcakes, so next time I will have to half the recipe.

Dana — August 12, 2012 @ 6:17 PM

I just made these for my daughters birthday. They were fantastic! Cupcakes were great and frosting was great! I will definitely be making these for many more birthdays. Thanks for the awesome recipes!

Marie Ward — August 18, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

I volunteered to do a neighbors daughter wedding cup cake display (150). They are were filled cupcakes. It took forever to do! Lots of work. I like you looked for the best recipes for this project. Did some samples and tried out on my friends. I used a six tier cake display for the cupcakes. She wanted milk chocolate shells on some (beach theme) and silk dazy blooms on others. Like I said lots of work and just did it because I never had before! Fun, but lots of work. A week later my niece asked me to do it again at her wedding reception. Got some good pictures and will send when I can find them. For the top of my nieces cake I used one those large cupcake pans. Looked really neat!!

Lori Lange — August 19, 2012 @ 7:18 AM

Yes, lots of work- but everyone is so happy in the end! Glad it worked out okay for you!

Sam — August 29, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

OMG, I have been asked by a good friend of mine to make her wedding cupcakes/small cake. Im soo NOT a baker. Im happy to help out to keep her costs down (im doing it for love). But… and its a BIG but.. im freaking out. When did you ice the cakes? Was it the day of the wedding or the day before? And when did you make the cakes?? Did you have to refrigerate the iced cupcakes before the big day? My piping bag broke at the last test bake. Not good. haha :)

Lori Lange — August 30, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

I only had about 100 to ice, so I baked the night before and then iced the morning of. I don’t see any problem with completing them the night before though- as long as you are storing them refrigerated in cupcake boxes (I bought at a baking supply store). They’ll come to room temp the next day and be just fine!

Candy — August 30, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

My son is getting married in 4 weeks and I am doing fresh floral arrangements – 11 tables, 2 alter arrangements, 7 bouquets and 7 boutineers I think I am crazy to try to do cupcakes too, but if I make the 100 cupcakes 1 week ahead and freeze them, then ice them the morning before the evening wedding I can do it!! You have done all the experimenting. I am going to buy the cheap frosting and try my hand at the swirl thing. He can’t afford $2.50 per cupcake plus $50 for the small cake on top of the display. Thank you for the recipes.

Lori Lange — August 31, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

Glad you found me- good luck!

Candy — August 31, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

I have one question — is the swirl on the cupcake done in one complete movement or is it two?

Lori Lange — August 31, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

one movement!

Candy — September 1, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

So can I hire you to do 100 cupcakes (all white with a swirl and pearl candy) and one simple 6″ cake for a wedding on September 30th? I live in Yorba Linda.

Lori Lange — September 2, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

Hi Candy, Unfortunately I don’t do that sort of thing… just did it as a favor for a teacher at my son’s school a few years back, but it’s not something that I do on a regular basis. Sorry- I really wish I could help!

Realyn — November 18, 2012 @ 5:50 AM

Yeah these are definitely ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ cucpakes! I was also tempted to pipe/infuse the middle of the cupcake with the frosting and just top them with crushed candy canes, perhaps next time! :)

Emma — December 5, 2012 @ 4:50 AM

I made the buttercream frosting and it had a rough taste in your mouth not light and fluffy. Is there something i did wrong?

Lori Lange — December 5, 2012 @ 5:37 AM

Yes, I’ve heard this before. It likely has something to do with the powdered sugar you chose. Some powdered sugar is not 100% sugar… look at your ingredients and make sure it is. I’d use a higher quality powdered sugar for best results.

Sue — January 5, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

Made these today and had to trash. Way too dense and heavy. I was so disappointed.

ashley — January 7, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

What technique did you use to do the funky frosting pattern on the all white cupcakes? A visual demonstration would be very helpful!!

Lori Lange — January 9, 2013 @ 7:57 PM

I definitely need to do a video demo!

Janetta — January 18, 2013 @ 8:23 AM

I’m with Ashley above, I would love a video or even written instruction describing how you did the white “funky” frosting. I’ve tried it with that exact tip (Wilton 2D) and cannot for the life of me get it to look like that, which I love. I own a small home based cake business (I have a domestic kitchen license) but just can’t seem to figure this obey out, making me feel a bit silly. Did you swirl it like the others or use a different movement?

Lori Lange — January 18, 2013 @ 9:11 AM

clearly, I need to do a video…!

Penny — January 27, 2013 @ 6:06 PM

Made these cupcakes for the 2nd time, only today I used Duncan Hines French Vanilla and 3 whole eggs instead of 3 egg whites. They were alot fluffier than the previous ones. Also, most of the Duncan Hines cake mixes are 18.25 ozs. I made 1-1/2 batches of the wedding butter cream icing and used tip 2D icing all 36 cupcakes with a little icing left over.

Dawn — February 6, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

They look fab but go easy on the pearls…they can hurt the teeth!!!

Lori Lange — February 7, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

Yes! Though the frosting does tend to soften them up a bit.

Susan Hall — March 13, 2013 @ 9:51 AM

Friends are having a TRON themed baby shower for a special Mom. I was asked to do 36 cupcakes for the party. After searching the net for a few hours I could almost taste how good your white wedding cake recipe would be. I wanted a cake with a little more “body” to it as I am adding Neon Food Coloring Gel to the cake and your buttercream frosting. The cupcakes will be very colorfull and psychedelic! Thanks for your help!

Donna — April 9, 2013 @ 5:00 AM

Hi Lori,

Thank you so much for your wonderful article! I have just been “commissioned” to do a wedding in August (for a friend) – I am always making cupcakes (birthdays, engagements, bridal showers, etc) and have perfected gluten free and dairy free adaptations, and practiced my piping to perfection. I love your ideas and am using your example as inspiration for my very first wedding cakes. :-)

Xx Donna

Karen — April 12, 2013 @ 8:28 AM

Hi, I can’t wait to try this out! My best friend is getting married in July and we want to make cupcakes for it. My question is, can you freeze the cupcakes for a week and refrigerate the icing a couple days? Also, if she wanted chocolate as well do we just substitute white cake mid for chocolate? Thanks for the great recipes!!

Lori Lange — April 13, 2013 @ 7:19 AM

It would be okay to freeze the cupcakes for a week if they are properly sealed in the freezer. I’m not sure about refrigerating the icing ahead of time… I’d probably rather ice the cupcakes the day before and refrigerate the cupcakes in their cupcake boxes. http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/04/10/chocolate-wedding-cupcakes/

Anna — April 16, 2013 @ 1:59 PM

Wow. Stunningly beautiful. I want to do cupcakes with a big red frosting rose on each for the Kentucky Derby and I am loathe to use shortening. Do you think your frosting recipe will hold up to forming roses? (I’ve never done them, but they look like they require a fairly “stiff” buttercream.)

Is there such a thing as piping the roses beforehand and just plopping them on the cupcakes the day of the event?

Again…absolutely gorgeous cupcakes!

Lori Lange — April 17, 2013 @ 8:25 PM

I’ve never piped roses, so I’m not sure. I wouldn’t count on it though so you’d have to test it out!

Ashley — July 9, 2013 @ 7:49 PM

When is this video coming? I’ve got the right tools but I still don’t think my technique is quite right. Please and thank you!!

Marjie — July 28, 2013 @ 6:58 PM

Here is the recipe I was given from a Wilton cake decorating class. It is non dairy and is very good.

1 cup solid shortening (Crisco)
    ½ cup milk or water
    1 tsp. clear vanilla
    1 tsp. butter flavoring (optional)
    ¼ to ½ tsp. almond flavoring (optional)
    ¾ tsp. cream of tartar
    2 Tbsp. Meringue Powder
    ½ tsp. salt (dissolve salt in milk)
    2 lbs. powdered sugar (no need to sift)

Blend all ingredients for 30 seconds. Top mixer and with spatula reach down underneath beaters to blend any dry powdered sugar with blended mixture. Beat at medium speed for 3-5 minutes until fluffy. Leftover icing can be stored in refrigerator for months or it can be frozen. Water can be used in place of milk, however it will sometimes be impossible to obtain true red, pink or purple when using water. To use this recipe to frost the cake you may need to add a small amount of milk to reach desired spreading consistency. Orange juice, coffee, maraschino cherry juice, etc. can be substituted for the milk. Yield 5-6 cups.

Lori Lange — July 29, 2013 @ 8:58 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Samantha — September 8, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

Over a year ago I volunteered to make cupcakes for a wedding reception. I had no idea what I was going to do, so I googled White Wedding Cupcakes and the first thing I found was this recipe. I read through it and it sounded good to me. We purchased the ingredients and started baking 120 cupcakes, white only. I tried one of them uniced and they were good., but I waited until I arrived to make and ice the cupcakes. I had no idea how the icing was going to turn out, this was a totally new recipe to me. The butter I had purchased was salted which was typical for home use, but not for icing for me. As my best friend and I were making this, she of course had to taste the icing. There was pure extacy on her face. She loaded up a cupcake and shoved it in my face, it was amazing. We went home and cleaned up to come back for the party. As soon as I walked in the door people started coming over and thanking me for the most amazing cupcakes they had EVER eaten. I was SHOCKED. I knew they were good, but I had never had anyone react this way to my cupcakes before. Since that time I have become the Cupcake Lady. When people ask me for my secret I send them directly to your website. I’ve printed out the recipe for those who need it and hand write your website on the paper. So last night my daughter and I made them again for a shower today, and they were just as wonderful. Thank you for sharing this recipe. You have added blessed us and added to our waistlines with these amazing cupcakes.

Chloe — November 16, 2013 @ 3:06 AM

I have been given the task on creating wedding cupcakes as well, the theme colour is cadburys purple and I’m really stuck for decoration ideas and flavours, I’m only 13 so I can’t do anything fancy but I do want to do something that looks on the professional side, with maybe a little fondant decoration on the top. Could you give me ideas and what number tips i could use? If you could it would be a real help! :)

pam — November 17, 2013 @ 1:00 PM

i only have heavy whipping cream on hand,can i still use it?

Lori Lange — November 17, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

Yes, probably would be fine.

Lori Lange — November 17, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

Hi Chloe, If you read through the post, the tips I used are included in the post. Hope that helps and good luck!

Faith — December 7, 2013 @ 5:46 AM

Thank you, I have to do cupcakes for my sisters wedding and your blog is so helpful (now I know it can be done)
    Although I have to bake about 180 and then transport them from the south of England to the North in the car! Any tips!
    I read down and it seems that getting cupcake boxes is the best solution but I’ll have to ice them the day before. Any further tips on the logistics of baking and transporting that many cakes would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Lori Lange — December 7, 2013 @ 5:53 AM

I don’t know if I have any further tips… they are best if they can be refrigerated overnight before transporting if you can manage to make room! Make sure you keep them in a cool place in the car.

Lisa — January 22, 2014 @ 3:26 AM

Hi Lori. What type of butter did you use for the icing? Or does it matter? I normally use Land O Lakes Lightly salted, but if that’s not best, please share with me.

Thanks!

Ann S — January 22, 2014 @ 7:14 AM

Presume I can swap out the vanilla extract for another provided it is clear/light in color??? Maybe coconut or lemon?? I also bake from scratch and usually write off anything that uses a box cake mix, but since this one is doctored AND you mentioned they bake up without overflowing the rim – I am going to give them a try.
    Love the look of the Wilton 2D tip. I have a baby shower coming up, so may try these with a very light pastel color on the frosting.

Thanks for sharing

Lori Lange — January 23, 2014 @ 6:39 PM

I’ve used generic store butter and it’s been fine for my taste!

Susan — June 6, 2014 @ 4:57 PM

How did you store them so the cupcake liner did not peel away from cupcake?

Lori Lange — June 11, 2014 @ 7:32 AM

It all depends on the liner— some stick and some peel away. You just need to find the one that works for you! I always use a variety that I can pick up at my local bakery supply shop.