These Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes were a big hit with guests when I made them for a friend’s wedding.
Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1½ cups sifted cake flour (sift, then measure)
- 1 cup Splenda Granulated (see Tips below)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and boiling water, whisking until blended and smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, Splenda, baking soda and salt. Add the butter and mix with an electric mixer until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cocoa mixture and vanilla. Add ⅓ of the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Beat on low speed with electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for an additional 30 seconds until mixture is smooth (scrape down sides of bowl, as needed). Repeat two more times, until all the wet mixture has been added.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan. Fill 10 cupcakes for a fuller cupcake, or 12 for smaller cupcakes.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- Splenda Granulated is a *no sugar* product that can be used cup for cup to replace sugar in a baking recipe. The product info can be found HERE: http://www.splenda.com/products/granulated