Yield: 10 to 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Sugar- Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Note: I'm not usually one who bakes with Splenda, but I had to make these via a special request on a wedding cupcake order. They turned out pretty good, and they were even better with the Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting!
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour (sift, then measure)
1 cup Splenda Granulated (see Tips below)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake tin with cupcake papers.
2. Combine cocoa and boiling water, whisking until blended and smooth; set aside.
3. Combine flour, splenda, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and mix w/ electric mixer until mixture is crumbly.
4. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, cocoa mixture and vanilla. Add 1/3 of the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Beat on low speed w/ electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for an additional 30 seconds until mixture is smooth (scrape down sides of bowl, as needed). Repeat two more times, until all egg mixture has been added.
5. Scoop batter into prepared tins. Fill 10 cupcakes for a fuller cupcake, or 12 for smaller cupcakes.
6. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
*Splenda Granulated is a *no sugar* product that can be used cup for cup to replace sugar in a baking recipe. The product info can be found HERE: http://www.splenda.com/products/granulated
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from The Secret Recipe Forum)