Mother’s Day Quiche Recipes: Swiss & Cheddar Quiche with Bacon

Quiche makes an easy, delightful dinner if you’re home alone and you don’t have to feed a meat-and-potatoes-loving husband and kids who scoff at anything out of the ordinary. I pair it with a little green salad and a chilly glass of pinot grigio. I”m happy, I’m full, and I’m not feeling like I slaved all day in the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Quiche is also one of those wonderful dishes that Moms seem to enjoy, which is why we serve it up for brunch on Mother’s Day. Here’s one I made for dinner this week (that would also be a good choice for Mom this Sunday): Swiss and Cheddar Quiche with Bacon.

I was lazy this week… I used refrigerated pie crust. Surely you can use any pie crust you’d like.

The crust is baked for just a few minutes, then topped with…
green onions
bacon
cheese
eggs, whipping cream, salt, red & white peppers, & nutmeg
more cheese
… and then it’s baked again until the egg is set.

I used Swiss and extra-sharp cheddar for my cheeses.  The extra-sharp part is important… it really adds a deep flavor to the quiche.  And if you can locate Applewood- Smoked Bacon, that’s the other key for making this quiche extra-special.

No one ate this quiche but me.  I happily ate a slice of it for dinner each night this week.. with my little green salad and my glass of wine.  It was simple to make, delicious, and filling.  I’d recommend it for Mom.

This recipe can be found here:  Swiss & Cheddar Quiche with Bacon

A few more quiche recipes you may be interested in:

Mushroom & Goat Cheese Quiche
Lobster Quiche
Garden Vegetable Quiche
Crustless Spinach & Cheese Quiche
Brie & Canadian Bacon Quiche
Asparagus Quiche
Blue Cheese & Walnut Quiche

25 Responses to “Mother’s Day Quiche Recipes: Swiss & Cheddar Quiche with Bacon”

nina — May 6, 2010 @ 1:57 AM

Thinking the alike today? I will have a piece of your quiche any day….will you have some of mine. I am sure you will get a quiche from your son this Mother’s day!!!

bellini valli — May 6, 2010 @ 5:59 AM

I have loved quiche for years and quite often order it when seen on the menu. I was thinking what would stop me from making individual ones to freeze so that I didd’t have to eat the whole pie myself.

Jenna — May 6, 2010 @ 6:45 AM

This quiche looks way better than the one I tried to make before.

maggy — May 6, 2010 @ 7:01 AM

This quiche looks divine, perfect for Mother’s Day! Great flavor combination.

Kim-HomeIsWhereTheHe — May 6, 2010 @ 7:32 AM

That is the nicest looking quiche ever…I LOVE quiche!

LilSis — May 6, 2010 @ 8:14 AM

This is one beautiful quiche! Quiche is one of my all time favorites for any meal of the day! I wish I had a slice of this right now.

patsy — May 6, 2010 @ 8:53 AM

I’d be happy to nibble that quiche each night, too! But, I’d have to fight off at least my oldest since he’s a sucker for this kind of dish!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 6, 2010 @ 12:14 PM

i love quiche more than i could ever really express…i used to eat at this total DIVE all the time in college because the quiche was amazing!

A Bowl Of Mush — May 6, 2010 @ 3:14 PM

Sounds gorgeous! I love quiches like this!

Gera @ SweetsFoods — May 6, 2010 @ 4:14 PM

Why only for Mother’s Day? This splendid cheesy quiche is for all the year!! :)

Cheers,

Gera

megan — May 6, 2010 @ 5:17 PM

I love quiche, but I’ve never made it. The pie crust intimidates me, so I’ve always stuck to frittatas. This looks delicious though, and makes me want to conquer my fears. although, not on mother’s day when i’m cooking for my mother in law :)

Jen Schall — May 6, 2010 @ 7:01 PM

I love quiche! I could make it every weekend :)

marla — May 6, 2010 @ 7:35 PM

What a great looking quiche. Love the step by step photos! Sharp cheddar and high quality bacon are a must! Happy Mother’s Day!! xo

Sophie — May 7, 2010 @ 4:12 AM

What a grand looking quiche!!

WAW!!! MMMMMM,…

Janelle — May 7, 2010 @ 11:11 AM

Can it be prepared in advance and then baked later?

M. — May 7, 2010 @ 11:58 AM

oh, I know what you talking about, if it comes to meat-and-potatoes-loving other half, who is “allergic” to any other kind of food :)
    your quiche looks really yummy!

Mandy — May 9, 2010 @ 12:33 AM

YUM! I’m a huge quiche fan and even my husband loves it (although he won’t admit that to his friends because it’s ‘girly’ food). We’ll try this one out! Happy Mothers Day!

Leah — May 9, 2010 @ 5:50 PM

Thanks for this recipe. It was much better than the last quiche I made (I added vanilla half and half thinking it would not taste too much like vanilla). I used it for our Mother’s Day breakfast and posted about it on my blog. Check it out if you are interested. Thanks again, Leah

Emily - Justeatfood — May 10, 2010 @ 9:32 AM

Oh dear heavens that looks gooood. I might make one for myself, but it certainly will not last me all week :) That looks too good to make it two days!

RecipeGirl's Mom — May 10, 2010 @ 4:50 PM

I often order quiche and a cup of soup when I go out to lunch. It’s my favorite and this recipe looks really yummy. You can make it for me anytime!

Jackie — May 10, 2010 @ 5:13 PM

This quiche is delicious. I made it for dinner this evening. I used Trader Joe’s applewood bacon and grated Swiss and Gruyere cheese. I also used Cabot extra sharp Cheddar. It was so good. Can’t wait to have more tomorrow!

Janice — May 11, 2010 @ 4:42 AM

Yum! I do love quiche and should make it more often. I’d love to find a good prepared whole wheat pie crust. Has anyone ever found and tried one?

Angela Naufel — October 21, 2010 @ 11:30 AM

Hi,
    I made a quiche for the first time today, I still didn’t eat, I hope my husband likes. I am from Brazil, I translated your page in Translator, but just had to congratulate you for the recipe. Thank you for sharing such pleasant recipe.

The Texas Peach — May 6, 2011 @ 4:24 PM

Wow, I think your family really missed out! That looks amazingly delicious! What a great dish for Mother’s Day or any time of the year!

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen — May 8, 2011 @ 3:51 PM

I adore quiche! Yours looks wonderful!