I adore this simple salad recipe: Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta and Parmesan Shavings
When I first tried this salad, I seriously doubted whether or not it was going to be anything special. The dressing is made up of only lemon juice and olive oil. Well… that’s all it needs. This salad is FANTASTIC. My husband enthusiastically declared this salad as “Restaurant Quality” the very first time he tried it. This is his highest level of praise for what I make in the kitchen.
Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta and Parmesan Shavings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
- 1 ounce pancetta, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups arugula
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted & sliced in half
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Arrange pancetta in single layer in medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned and crisp (do not turn), about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Whisk oil and lemon juice in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Place arugula and olives in medium bowl; toss with dressing. Divide salad between two plates. Top with pancetta and Parmesan shavings.
- Pancetta can usually be found in your grocery store's deli section.
- Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints per serving (salad divided by two): 7