This Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta and Parmesan salad recipe is so simple to make, and it’s shockingly delicious!
When I first tried this salad, I seriously doubted whether or not it was going to be anything special. The dressing is made up of only lemon juice and olive oil. Well… that’s all it needs. This salad is FANTASTIC. My husband enthusiastically declared this salad as “Restaurant Quality” the very first time he tried it. This is his highest level of praise for what I make in the kitchen.
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kalamata olives
- shaved Parmesan cheese
How to make Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta and Parmesan:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Divide the arugula salad between two plates. Top with the pancetta and Parmesan shavings.
Since there are very few ingredients in this recipe, I wouldn’t suggest changing them up much. I suppose you could substitute cooked and crumbled bacon for the pancetta. But pancetta has such a wonderful flavor that I wouldn’t recommend it. Usually you can have the deli person at your local market cut you just a small amount of pancetta so you don’t have to buy a larger package.
Enjoy this lovely salad with some fabulous pasta and a glass of your favorite wine. Enjoy!
Arugula Salad Recipes:
- Arugula, White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad
- Arugula Salad with Apple and Parmesan
- Arugula, Berry and Goat Cheese Salad
- Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to WW Points on the recipe card below.
Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta and Parmesan
- 1 ounce pancetta, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups arugula
- 10 whole pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Arrange pancetta in single layer in medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned and crisp (do not turn), about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Whisk oil and lemon juice in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula and olives in medium bowl; toss with dressing. Divide salad between two plates. Top with pancetta and Parmesan shavings.
- Pancetta can usually be found in your grocery store's deli section.