This Arugula, White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad is a simple 4-ingredient salad recipe tossed with an easy-to-make, delicious dressing.
This is one of those so-simple salads that are perfect to make and serve with your dinner. I like to make this salad in the summer when we’re grilling steak or chicken, and then have this salad served alongside for a very light meal. Look for some lovely, fresh arugula at your local farmer’s market, and you might just be surprised how much more delicious it is than buying a bag of arugula at the market. Fresh from the farm makes a big difference!
- roasted red pepper
- canned navy or cannellini beans
- red onion
- white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
How to make Arugula, White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
This salad recipe couldn’t be any easier to make! Just add the four salad ingredients to your salad bowl: arugula, white beans, roasted red peppers and red onion.
Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together, and then drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Toss the salad to coat it with the dressing. That’s it! And there you have a beautiful arugula, white bean and roasted red pepper salad. Enjoy!
Ingredient Notes and Substitution Suggestions:
- Another green (like red or green leaf lettuce) may be substituted for the arugula. Arugula has a lovely, slightly peppery taste, but you can certainly grab another kind of lettuce, if desired.
- Fresh, sliced red bell pepper may be substituted for roasted red bell peppers.
- Garbanzo beans may be substituted for the white beans.
- It’s okay to leave out the onion, if you prefer.
- Look for white balsamic vinegar near the regular balsamic at your market. Regular balsamic vinegar may be used, but note that it will give your salad a brown tinge to it.
The Best Arugula Salad Recipes:
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad
- Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
- Arugula Skirt Steak Salad
- Spinach and Arugula Salad with Indian Spiced Chickpeas
- Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta and Parmesan
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Arugula, White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- 3 cups torn arugula leaves
- ½ cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- One 16-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup sliced red onion (optional)
- 1½ tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
PREPARE THE SALAD:
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over the salad, tossing to coat.
- I actually prefer this salad without the onions. The slightly peppery flavor of arugula is perfect with just the roasted red peppers, beans and the simple dressing.
- Use regular balsamic vinegar if you'd like, but the white variety is nice because it won't make your salad look muddy.