Arugula, Berry and Goat Cheese Salad is a delicious summer salad recipe.
I’ve just returned from a rather indulgent vacation, so my plan is to live on salad for the rest of the summer! My son scoffs at salads, but I love them to pieces. There are so many options for creating fantastic salads. My favorites always include goat cheese and berries!
How to make Arugula Berry and Goat Cheese Salad:
This Arugula Berry and Goat Cheese Salad starts with putting a bed of arugula (another love of mine) into a bowl. Arugula has a tiny bit of a peppery flavor to it. It’s a nice change from just eating “lettuce.”
Next, you’ll sprinkle in a boatload of fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries- your preference) Slices of goat cheese are then rolled in chopped pistachios and placed on top of the salad. Alternatively, you could add crumbled goat cheese and chopped pistachios to the salad instead of slices.
How to make Strawberry- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
In a blender, you’ll blend strawberries, balsamic vinegar, canola oil, honey and a dash of salt. That’s it. It’s the perfect vinaigrette for this Arugula Berry and Goat Cheese Salad.
P.S. I hadn’t planned on having an indulgent vacation, but when you’re with relatives who stock the rental house with chips, dip, cheese, cookies and an abundance of wine… it’s all just too hard to resist. Salad to the rescue!
Here are a few more arugula salad recipes you might enjoy:
- Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta and Parmesan Shavings
- Arugula Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
- Spinach and Arugula Salad with Indian Spiced Chickpeas
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad
- Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
- Blistered Tomato, Mozzarella and Arugula Salad
- Arugula, White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
Arugula, Berry and Goat Cheese Salad
- 3/4 cup strawberries (hulled and halved)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- One 4-ounce log goat cheese
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries/raspberries/blackberries
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and blend until smooth. Set aside.
PREPARE THE GOAT CHEESE:
- Spread the chopped nuts on a piece of waxed paper. Roll the goat cheese log in the nuts until covered. Slice into 4 slices.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- Place the arugula in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with berries and cheese slices. Serve with the berry dressing to top individual servings.