Nice side dish to serve with roasted pork tenderloin: Acorn Squash with Orange Pecans
Acorn Squash with Orange Pecans
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice,
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place squash, cut side down, in a large shallow baking dish and fill with water to come ½ inch up the sides. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, about 40 minutes.
- Turn the squash cut side up and place in a clean baking dish.
- In a small bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and orange zest and juice; mix in the nuts. Divide the butter mixture evenly among the squash cavities. Continue baking, uncovered, until lightly browned, about 20 minutes longer. Serve hot.