Celebrate summer grilling with these Apple and Blue Cheese Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops!
I’ve been grilling so much this summer so far. It’s the best way to highlight the best food of summer. This is another recipe I’ve created using Smithfield’s line of already marinated pork. It’s so easy to work with their products because you get to work with pork that already has a base of great flavor because it’s pre-marinated.
Smithfield is currently hosting the Real Flavor, Real Fast contest– challenging you to see what you can do with Marinated Fresh Pork to create a 30-minute meal. To submit your original tip for a chance to win great prizes, go to www.SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com.
I used Smithfield’s already-marinated pork chops for this recipe- the Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops. Stuffing these already great-flavored chops with a couple of simple ingredients sounded like a good plan to me, so that’s what I did! Apple and blue cheese are awesome additions.
It’s super easy to stuff these chops. Just take a sharp knife and slice it into the middle of each chop to create a “pocket,” then stuff with a slice of blue cheese and a couple of apple slices. Then secure them closed with toothpicks. That’s it!
No marinating or any additional spices are needed since these pork chops are all ready to go being pre-marinated and seasoned. They cook quickly on the grill- just about 10 minutes and they’re done.
And they turn out completely juicy and wonderful!
The flavor of these Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops is wonderful, and the hint of blue cheese and apple tucked into the middle is a delicious surprise too!
It’s such a simple recipe for summer grilling- just 3 ingredients!
Check out this recipe for > Garlic and Herb Tenderloin and Apple and Ginger Chutney. For more meal inspiration and recipe ideas, visit www.SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com or Facebook.com/CookingwithSmithfield.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Apple and Blue Cheese Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops
- One package of (4) Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- 4 slices blue cheese
- 8 thin slices apple (I used Honeycrisp)
- Use a sharp knife to slice a "pocket': into each pork chop (without slicing all the way through).
- Stuff each pocket with a slice of blue cheese and a couple of apple slices. Use toothpicks to close up the pocket.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Spray with nonstick grill spray and grill pork chops about 4 minutes on each side, or until heated through.
- Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
Here are a few more pork chop recipes you might enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops by Center Cut Cook
- Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops by Recipe Girl
- Grilled Pineapple Chili Pork Chops by Cookin Canuck
- Barbecued Pork Chops by Recipe Girl
Disclosure: This post has been written in partnership with Smithfield to share their line of marinated pork. This is a product that I know and use in my kitchen. All opinions shared are my own.