These Baked Birthday Cake Doughnuts are a sweet and delicious way to kick off any celebration!
With these baked birthday cake doughnuts, you can celebrate like it’s your birthday everyday. There’s no need to wait for a special occasion to enjoy this treats.
There is just something so festive about glazed doughnuts topped with rainbow sprinkles. They just put me in such a happy mood! However, if pink glaze isn’t your thing, these doughnuts are even tastier with a rich chocolate glaze. Choose your desired flavor!
Making Baked Birthday Cake Doughnuts:
While baked doughnuts could never truly replaced traditional fried doughnuts, these are tasty and much healthier alternative. This recipe for 6 baked doughnuts only contains one tablespoon of butter, so there isn’t nearly as much fat in them. Baked doughnuts are similar to cupcakes and muffins in batter and texture. These easy to make baked doughnuts do require the use of a doughnut pan, which can be ordered easily on Amazon. If you don’t have one, you can double this batter to bake 6 standard sized muffins instead.
This recipe makes for a classic vanilla doughnut base. Feel free to add flavors and extracts of your choosing to make it your own creation. Try adding some mini chocolate chips and a touch of almond extract. Perhaps a dash of rosewater and a raspberry glaze. Ditch the glaze and toss the cake doughnuts in cinnamon sugar. The options are endless!
And because they’re so festive looking, they make the perfect doughnuts for celebrating. Surprise someone with baked birthday cake doughnuts. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes for birthdays that you might like to try:
- Birthday Cake Milkshakes
- Boston Red Sox Birthday Cake
- Boston Cream Pie Birthday Cake
- Red Velvet Birthday Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip and Sprinkles Birthday Cookies
- Kit Kat Cake
- Perfect Party Cake
Baked Birthday Cake Doughnuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pink food gel coloring, as needed
- additional sprinkles
MAKE THE DOUGHNUTS:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a standard 6-cavity doughnut pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the half and half, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Add the liquids to the dry mixture and stir to combine until there are no longer any dry streaks of flour. Fold in the sprinkles until evenly distributed.
- Using a piping bag (or spoon), fill the prepared doughnut pan about two-thirds full of batter. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until toothpick inserted into the doughnuts comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 3 minutes before inverting the pan and unmolding the doughnuts.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, half and half, and vanilla until smooth. Add a few drops of food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze and immediately top with sprinkles. Doughnuts can be enjoyed immediately or once the glaze is set.
There’s no way the glaze recipe is right. It is soooooo thick and needs more liquid. Can you please clarify? I’m making this recipe now.
If you feel like it’s too thick after mixing, it’s okay to add a little extra cream until it’s the consistency you’d like it to be!
How do I modify this to make 12 mini donuts instead of 6 big ones?
Should work just fine- the bake time would be less. Google a recipe for mini donuts to get an accurate timing instruction.
Hey, which food colouring did you use to get such an awesome pink colour? Thanks x
I think it was a gel paste.
Doughnuts are my weakness and I LOVE the pink glaze!