This Best Brownies Recipe is best when the brownies are slightly undercooked and gooey!
I supposed it’s a matter of opinion as to what the best brownies recipe really is. But I think it’s safe to say that this one is pretty darn perfect. This recipe turns out very fudgy and chocolatey brownies. The key to the gooey, wonderful consistency in the middle of brownies is to not over-bake them. If you leave them very slightly undercooked, then you’ll get that fabulous, soft and fudgy texture in the middle.
- all purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- unsalted butter
- instant espresso powder
- chunk of semi sweet chocolate
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- semisweet chocolate chips
How to make the Best Brownies Recipe:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Let the brownies cool completely on a wire rack.
Cut the slab into 9 brownies (3 rows by 3 rows). These will be good-sized brownies. If you would prefer to have smaller brownie bites instead of the larger brownies, then you can cut the slab into 16 smaller brownies (4 rows by 4 rows) instead.
And there you have it: the best brownies recipe! This is likely to be a brownie recipe that you’ll want to repeat often. Enjoy!
The Best Brownie Recipes:
- Ultimate Fudge Brownies
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Zucchini Brownies
- Chocolate Overload Brownies
- Symphony Brownies
Best Brownies Recipe
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8x8-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment paper and the butter the parchment too.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter and espresso. Place the pan over low heat and stir until the butter has melted. Add the chocolate, and stir constantly until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in both sugars until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue stirring until well incorporated and the mixture no longer appears grainy. Sift the flour mixture over the batter, and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan; smooth the top with the back of a wooden spoon or a spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 28 to 30 minutes. Be sure not to over-bake. Let the brownies cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 9 brownies.