This recipe for Blue Cheese Salad Dressing is so much better than store-bought!
I’ve always been a fan of blue cheese, and it’s especially good in salad dressing. Use this salad dressing for topping your favorite salads. It’s really good on salads that have protein- like chicken, shrimp or steak. A wedge salad with crisp, chilled lettuce is perfect for blue cheese salad dressing.
Here is my very popular Cobb Salad recipe. Blue cheese is the obvious choice for pairing with this salad, of course!
More uses for Blue Cheese Salad Dressing:
You might also try using this as a dip for fresh vegetables. And it’s a nice refreshing dip for spicy chicken wings too. My husband likes to spread this dressing on his turkey and bacon sandwiches. My favorite is dipping grilled steak into this dressing. It’s really delicious used for a variety of things!
I’m sure you’ve bought this very popular dressing at the store numerous time, but once you sample this recipe you won’t ever want to buy it again. It’s so much more delicious homemade.
Here are a few more recipes using blue cheese that you might like to try:
- Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Chicken Paillard with Fresh Figs and Blue Cheese
- Blue Cheese Burgers
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs with Blue Cheese
- Apple and Blue Cheese Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops
- Blue Cheese Pasta
- Blue Cheese Ball
Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 to 5 ounces blue cheese (Roquefort or Gorgonzola) crumbled apart
- ¼ to ⅓ cup 2% or whole milk
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix and soften the cream cheese. Blend in the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add in the lemon juice and mix to combine. Blend in the cheese.
- Add ¼ cup milk and continue to use the mixer to combine. If the mixture is too thick, add in milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. The dressing should be fairly thick. Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve. The dressing should last for a week or so. If the mixture should separate, mix to combine again before serving.
- *To make this lighter, use light cream cheese and light mayo.