Can’t decide between a brownie or a chocolate chip cookie? You won’t have to when you make these Brookie Cookies!
I used to think that there was no way to improve on a chocolate chip cookie.
They’re just so home-y and comforting, with the buttery cookie and all those melt-y chocolate chips. How could anything be better?
Then, I discovered the brookie cookie. And my whole world changed.
It’s like a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie fell in love and had babies. Soft, warm, chocolate-y little babies.
One side is a delicious chocolate chip cookie, and the other a deep, dark-chocolate-y brownie. Two of the best desserts combined!
Start by making the brownie cookie dough. It’s got melted butter in it, so it needs a little time to cool and firm up before it can be rolled into brookie-balls.
You will love this brownie recipe! So chewy and just exploding with dark chocolate flavor.
While the brownie cookie dough cools and becomes stiffer, you can make the chocolate chip cookie dough. This is hands-down my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. The result is thick, soft, and it practically melts in your mouth.
Once you have both doughs made, it’s as simple as scooping up two spoonfuls, and rolling them together in a ball. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake until golden.
And make sure you’ve got plenty of milk!
- 1⅓ cups granulated white sugar
- 10 tablespoons (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the sugar, butter, and cocoa in large, microwave-safe bowl (loosely covered), and microwave in 1-minute intervals until the butter is completely melted.
- Stir the mixture together until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition until completely incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring together until smooth.
- Use a hand mixer to combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until very pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and mix until completely incorporated.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the egg yolk and vanilla, mixing until blended.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips.
ASSEMBLY & BAKING
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1½ tablespoons of the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Scoop about 1½ tablespoons of the brownie cookie dough.
- Press both kinds of dough together, and roll into a ball.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just beginning to turn golden around the edges.