Butterfinger brownies are the best fudgy brownies with Butterfinger candy bar chunks baked into them.
I’m a sucker for candy bar recipes. And by “candy bar,” I mean any dessert recipe that has candy bars added to it. Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream is my favorite. My Snickers Bar Pie is pretty amazing. A Kit Kat Cake is always fun to make. And because I love my Milky Way Brownies so much, Butterfinger Brownies had to be next!
Ingredients needed for Butterfinger Brownies:
- creamy peanut butter
- unsweetened chocolate
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- Butterfinger candy bars!
How to make Butterfinger Brownies:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Use a mixer to combine the brown sugar, butter (melted) and peanut butter until they’re well combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Add melted, unsweetened chocolate and stir to combine. Stir in the flour. Stir in a bunch of chopped Butterfinger candy bars. Oh yeah!
Spread the batter into a prepared pan and top with more Butterfinger chunks. I like to bake them in greased foil or parchment paper because it’s so easy to peel off after they’re baked and chilled, and they come out so perfect.
Here’s the pan of Butterfinger Brownies all baked up. See those Butterfinger pieces all melted in nicely??
Slice. Taste. Slice. Taste. These brownies turn out to be super duper fudgy. Did I mention fudgy? So fudgy.
Easy to stack? Yessiree… as long as you chill them very well before cutting. These are on my “favorite cookies and bars” list, which is a list reserved for only the best of the best. That’s how much I like them. Enjoy!
The Best Brownie Recipes:
- Ultimate Fudge Brownies
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Slutty Brownies
- Best Brownies Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 16 .65-ounce (or 10.4-ounces total) Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil or parchment paper; spray the foil or parchment with nonstick spray.
- In a glass bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave- short bursts of 30 seconds; stir after each burst and remove from the microwave when melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, either use a rubber spatula or an electric mixer to combine the brown sugar, butter and peanut butter. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix those in too. Stir in the melted chocolate. Stir in the flour. Stir in the chopped Butterfingers (reserving about ¾ cup for the top).
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Top with the reserved Butterfinger chunks.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Watch closely and remove from the oven when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Refrigerate until brownies are well-chilled- if overnight, cover with plastic wrap. When ready to cut, remove from the refrigerator and turn onto a cutting board. Carefully peel off the foil or parchment and use another cutting board to flip the brownies back upright. Use a large, sharp knife to cut into squares.
- *Don't use natural peanut butter for this recipe- it just won't turn out very well.
- *When you chop the butterfingers, don't try to chop them too finely... they tend to flake apart pretty easily. Opt for larger chunks but add everything into the mix (even the smaller, flaky parts).
- *If you happen to have a quarter-sheet pan, that's what I like to use for baking up these brownies.
- *To get nice, clean-cut brownies, chill well and use a sharp knife to cut. Wipe knife with paper towels between cuts. Cut off edges before cutting into squares if you'd like to have all edgeless brownies.