These Butterfinger Cookies are for Butterfinger lovers! They’re a crunchy, sweet and buttery cookie with chunks of Butterfinger candy bars mixed in.
Butterfingers work well in this cookie because the flaky peanut butter middles get melty and sticky when baked with the rest of the cookie dough. The chocolate in the candy bar just melts into the cookies. They are so good!
What is a Butterfinger?
If you’re not from around here (USA), you may not be familiar with Butterfingers. A Butterfinger is a popular candy bar. It has a crispy peanut butter core that is covered in chocolate.
How to keep these cookies fresh tasting at room temperature:
Let these Butterfinger Cookies cool completely before you try to store them. Then transfer the cookies to an airtight container. Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper between layers. Place a piece of white bread or a flour tortilla in the top of the container. The bread or tortilla will help absorb moisture, and that will help the cookies stay crunchy and fresh. Plan on fresh-tasting cookies for about 3 days.
How to freeze these cookies:
Easy! Just put cooled cookies in a freezer zip bag and store them in the freezer for up to 5 months. The longer the cookies are stored, the more they will lose their flavor and texture. I recommend eating them within a couple of month’s time for the best-tasting cookies!
I love to make these Butterfinger Chunk Cookies when I have leftover Butterfinger candy bars lying around. It’s not like it happens that often, but it does occur every once in a great while. Or sometimes I just like to buy them on purpose (so I have them on hand for these cookies!)
If you love Butterfingers, you’ll most definitely want to try baking my Butterfinger Blondies or my Butterfinger Pie! And if you’re just a fan in general of candy bar desserts, you might like Twix Bar Brownies too. Snickers Cupcakes are a good choice too.
Butterfinger Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (plus 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Butterfinger candy bars (about 3 regular-sized bars)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars in large bowl until well-blended. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Beat in the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in the Butterfingers (the dough will be moist). Chill the cookie dough at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1 rounded tablespoon of dough for each cookie (I use a small cookie scooper), drop the cookie dough in mounds onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart (about 8 cookies per sheet; the cookies will spread). Bake the cookies until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer the parchment with the cookies to a rack and cool completely.
- These cookies can be prepared 4 days ahead. Store in an airtight container.