Here’s an easy recipe for rich and wonderful Caramel Squares. These squares have a buttery pecan crust that is topped with a thick layer of caramel frosting.
See that thick layer of frosting? These caramel bars are rich! They’re so good! Everyone I’ve ever shared these squares with has fallen madly in love with them.
They’re unique because of that frosting layer. I really love the buttery crust, but the caramel frosting layer really takes these over the top.
These Caramel Bars are a great dessert recipe to make and bring to an event for sharing. They’re so different than bringing cookies or cupcakes. People like to grab for the dessert on the treat table that looks different and unique. You’ll get loads of people asking you for the recipe!
If you’re looking for more sweet treat square recipes, you might enjoy trying these:
- Cheesecake Squares
- Mint Chocolate Squares
- Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares
- Frozen Lemon Cheesecake Squares
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares
- Fluffernutter Squares
- To Die For Cranberry Coconut Squares
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12x15-inch pan with nonstick spray.
PREPARE THE BARS:
- In a large bowl, mix together the bar ingredients. Stir until well combined. Pat this layer evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes (should be still soft). Remove from oven and cool slightly before covering with frosting.
PREPARE THE FROSTING:
- Combine the brown sugar, cream and butter in a saucepan and bring to a hard boil for 1 minute. Add the vanilla and stir in enough powdered sugar until the mixture is spreadable (approx. 1 pound). Spread on top of the cooled bars. Let the frosting set before cutting (you may with to refrigerate the bars until slightly firm for neater cutting).