This recipe for Cheese Ravioli with Brown Butter and Fresh Tomato Sauce is a great way to jazz up store-bought, packaged fresh ravioli. Watch the video showing you how to make this Cheese Ravioli with Brown Butter, and then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the complete recipe so you can make it at home.
This Ravioli with Brown Butter is such a fabulous, super-quick option for a weeknight dinner. And it’s especially good to make in the summer when tomatoes are ripe and sweet and perfect.
My son has always dubbed ravioli as his favorite dinner choice ever. It figures that he chooses something that is usually purchased already made either frozen or fresh. That makes dinner easy for me, but I generally like to jazz things like that up a bit.
This recipe drizzles brown butter and basil with lightly sauteed tomatoes over freshly cooked ravioli. It couldn’t be simpler or more delicious. And this recipe happens to be one of the recipes in my cookbook!
Hey, remember this? The Recipe Girl Cookbook is my cookbook that was published a few years ago. It’s still going strong on Amazon all these years later. It’s filled with 190+ family friendly recipes for all meals of the day. Most of the recipes in the book are NOT on the website. A few of my favorites are Perfect Fluffy Pancakes, Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese, Tomato & Bacon, Blueberry-Pineapple Tequila Punch, Coconut Ginger Rice, Sweet Chili Pulled Pork, Epic Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream, Bacon Macaroni and Cheese, Caramel Apple Pie Crust Cookies, Chocolate Chip Butter Cake and Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding.
If you’re interested in having a copy to add to your cookbook collection, it looks like Amazon is selling The Recipe Girl Cookbook right now for a very good price.
How to make Ravioli with Brown Butter:
Butter is melted and simmered until it begins to brown. Have you ever tasted brown butter? It turns into a nutty and sweet, addicting sort of sauce. When you add fresh cherry tomatoes to the pan, they wilt rather quickly and begin to burst. That’s when you take the sauce off the heat and add it to hot, cooked ravioli. It’s SO GOOD.
This is one of those recipes that is good to make when you just want to pick up a few ingredients and you don’t want to have to put a lot of effort into dinner. My family loves this Ravioli with Brown Butter!
If you’re looking for a few more dinner recipes that call for just a few ingredients, you might also enjoy my Parmesan Crusted Chicken and this Slow Cooker Taco Chicken. How to Cook the Best Ribs in the Oven, Easy Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Slow Cooker Pulled Pork are super easy dinner choices too.
Cheese Ravioli with Brown Butter and Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Two 9-ounce packages fresh ravioli
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) salted butter
- 2 cups cherry or pear tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- While the ravioli is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften and burst and the butter turns brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in the basil. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the brown butter- tomato sauce over the freshly cooked ravioli. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.