This Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tart is the most decadent chocolate tart recipe with a chocolate graham cracker crust and a thick layer of chocolate glaze on top.
This chocolate tart is a pretty special dessert. It’s rich. A small slice is all you need (probably smaller than the slices you see in the photos!) I think it’s a great dessert to serve at a dinner party, and it’s the perfect dessert for the holidays too.
- chocolate graham crackers
- white sugar
- bittersweet chocolate
- heavy whipping cream
- light corn syrup
How to make a Chocolate Tart:
The complete, printable recipe with ingredients and instructions is included at the end of this post.
The first step in making this chocolate tart is making the crust. It’s a mix of ground chocolate graham crackers, melted butter and sugar. The crust is pressed into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch round fluted tart pan. It is baked for 10 minutes.
The next step is making the filling. It’s a mix of chocolate combined with hot cream, eggs, vanilla and salt. There is no flour in this recipe. It’s a very rich chocolate filling! The filling is poured into the baked crust and then baked for 20 minutes.
The final step is adding the chocolate glaze. Chocolate is combined with hot cream. A little warm water and corn syrup are mixed in too. This will help loosen up the glaze a little bit and add a nice sheen to the top of the tart. The glaze is spread evenly onto the top of the baked tart.
It takes about an hour for the glaze to set. You can place it in the refrigerator for quicker setting, if you’d like.
If you serve proper slivers of this chocolate tart (instead of large slices), it should serve 10 to 12 people.
Because it’s such a decadent chocolate dessert, I like to serve slices with a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Add a few strawberries or raspberries to make it extra pretty. Enjoy!
Here are a few more tart recipes you might like to try:
- Blueberry Raspberry Tart
- Chocolate Pecan Tart with Caramel Sauce
- Classic Lemon Tart
- Caramelized Apple Tart
- No Bake Berry Almond Tart
Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tart
- 1 cup finely ground chocolate graham crackers (about 9 whole crackers)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (can use combo of bittersweet and dark)
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1¾ ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon warm water
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together all of the crust ingredients and press evenly and up the sides of 9-inch-round fluted tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until firm. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before filling.
PREPARE THE FILLING:
- Place the chopped chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream just to a boil, then pour over the chocolate in the bowl and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir together until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and salt. Whisk the egg mixture into the melted chocolate. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Bake about 20 minutes, or until the filling is set. Cool completely on a rack, about 1 hour.
PREPARE THE GLAZE:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until smooth. Stir in the corn syrup, then warm water. Pour the glaze onto the tart, then tilt and rotate the tart so the glaze coats the top evenly. Let stand until the glaze is set, about 1 hour.
- Serve individual slices with whipped cream or ice cream.
- *If you’re unable to find the chocolate type of graham crackers, use regular and add about 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- *This tart is best when eaten the day its made, but can be made (without glaze) 1 day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before glazing.
- *Pipe whipped cream on top and add desired garnishes… berries for summer, candy corn for fall, or just a few chocolate jimmies.
- If you are making this recipe GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of chocolate that is known to be GF, and also use GF graham crackers.