Chutney Baked Brie is a wonderful, melted cheese appetizer recipe that is perfect for snacking and parties.
This appetizer is so easy to put together. It’s a great appetizer recipe for a dinner party or an intimate gathering with friends. It’s the perfect snack to munch on while drinking your favorite wine. You’ll be so addicted to that melted brie, I promise!
How to make Chutney Baked Brie:
The first thing you’re going to do to prepare this appetizer is to cut the wheel of brie. Use a sharp knife to cut around the top of the brie. You don’t have to cut the top all the way off. Just cut around the very top edge of the brie. When you warm up the brie, the cheese will melt and expand and it will cause the top of the brie to rise (as shown). Then you will take a knife and wiggle it under the top to cut off the melted cheese and remove the top of the brie.
Note about the brie:
The wheels of Brie that Costco sells are just the right size (about 5 inches diameter). If you are using a small wheel or a larger wheel, adjust the ingredients to use more or less as needed.
The next step in making this Chutney Baked Brie is to sprinkle the melted brie with curry powder. Then you’ll spread mango chutney on top. You can find mango chutney in your market’s international aisle (near the Indian products). It may also be with the jams or jellies. Toasted pecans are sprinkled on top, and then the brie is put back into the oven for about 10 minutes to make sure everything is melted and those flavors meld together.
How to toast pecans:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the pecans on a small baking sheet and bake until scented and lightly browned. Watch closely because they’ll burn if unattended. Leave a few whole, or chop them all up.
Serve this wonderful brie appetizer with sliced baguette and/or crackers. Serve it immediately since it’s best when that cheese is all melted and gooey. It won’t last long because everyone loves a good baked brie recipe!
How to keep the brie warm:
- To keep the brie warm on your serving table, place pie plate in the upper rack of a two-tiered dessert tray. Put a plate on the bottom tier with tea-lites. Your brie will stay nice and hot. Alternately, just serve it right out of the oven, and it will be gone before it cools off!
Here are a few more brie recipes you might like to try:
- Baked Brie
- Baked Brie with Fig Jam
- Kahlua- Pecan Brown Sugar Baked Brie
- Brie with Blueberry Sauce
- Maple- Pecan Apple Stuffed Brie
- Mushroom and Sweet Onion Stuffed Brie
Chutney Baked Brie
- One 5-inch wheel brie cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground curry powder
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut through the wax on the top of the brie in a large circle (basically the top of the brie), but don't remove it.
- Place the brie on a pie plate and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has softened and the cut part of brie has lifted. Take the brie out of the oven and gently remove the wax off the top of the brie.
- Sprinkle the brie with curry powder. Spread the mango chutney on top. Sprinkle toasted pecans on the chutney.
- Return the brie to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has clearly become melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.
- The wheels of brie that Costco sells are just the right size (about 5 inches diameter). If you are using a small wheel or a larger wheel, adjust the ingredients as needed.
- To toast pecans, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread pecans on a small baking sheet and bake until scented and lightly browned. Watch closely because they'll burn if unattended.
- To keep the brie warm on your serving table, place pie plate in the upper rack of a two-tiered dessert tray. Put a plate on the bottom tier with tea-lites. Your brie will stay nice and hot.