This simple Crockpot Pineapple Chicken recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight where you’re running the kids around to all of their events!
This is one of those easy-to-make recipes where you’ll be able to throw everything in the slow cooker and let it cook dinner for you. The bonus is that it’s a lighter dinner recipe than most. And it happens to be Weight Watchers friendly too. Check out the link to the WW points in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- chicken breasts (bone-in or boneless) or chicken thighs
- canned pineapple tidbits
- Dijon mustard
- soy sauce
How to make Crockpot Pineapple Chicken:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
- I prefer to use chicken thighs for this dish- 8 bone-in chicken thighs- pull off the skin before placing in the crockpot. Using thighs will change the calorie count. Otherwise, you can use either bone-in chicken breasts or boneless. Boneless tend to dry out a bit more in the slow cooking process, add the canned pineapple tidbits with all of the juice.
- Cooking this recipe on low will likely turn out better than trying to rush the process by cooking it on high. Use the low temp instructions if you have the time.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, be sure to use gluten free soy sauce.
For serving, serve alongside rice or potatoes. Drizzle the juices from the crockpot over the top.
You may also choose to shred the chicken and serve it over rice with juices drizzled over. Add a few chopped chives or green onions for garnish. Enjoy!
Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Swiss Chicken Casserole
- Easy Chicken Santa Fe
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (skin removed), about 30 ounces
- dash of pepper
- paprika, to taste
- One 20-ounce can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Arrange the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot insert. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. In a small bowl, combine the drained pineapple tidbits, mustard, soy sauce and garlic. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and serve immediately. For serving: serve alongside potatoes, or shred the chicken and serve it over rice. Drizzle the juices over.
- *I prefer to use chicken thighs for this dish- 8 bone-in chicken thighs- pull off the skin before placing in the crockpot. Using thighs will change the calorie count.
- *If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, be sure to use GF soy sauce.