This Detox Smoothie is made of healthy ingredients to make the best green smoothie recipe!
Mornings are a great time to get a healthy start to the day. And drinking a green smoothie is an excellent way to do it. This Detox Smoothie is filled with some fresh greens, but there’s sweetness from fruits in there too to give it a flavor punch that makes it taste delicious. There are Superfoods all over the place blended into this smoothie. Drinking a detox smoothie might just become your morning routine! And then you’ll have to try my Green Smoothie Waffles too!
- fresh spinach
- fresh flat-leaf parsley
- chia seeds
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- coconut oil
- plain, unsweetened almond milk
- frozen peaches
What’s a good blender for making smoothies?
You need a good blender to make good smoothies that are completely blended and creamy. I have the Blendtec brand blender. I’ve had it for years, and it works great for making awesome smoothies. I have friends who swear by the Vitamix for the best smoothies and other friends who have the Ninja and love that one too.
How to make a Detox Smoothie:
It’s very easy! Add all ingredients except the peaches to the blender jar. Put the lid on top and blend until nice and smooth. Then add in the frozen peaches and hit the pulse button a few times to break them into smaller pieces. Then you can blend again until smooth and creamy.
There shouldn’t be any chunks left in your blender. A good blender for smoothies will blend everything to a nice and smooth consistency.
Garnish your detox smoothie with a little parsley leaf, if you’d like. And drink up!
- Substitute fresh kale for the fresh spinach.
- Substitute freshly squeezed orange juice for the lemon juice.
- Use agave nectar or maple syrup instead of honey.
- Substitute with another kind of milk- cashew, soy, etc.
- Use frozen mango or pineapple instead of frozen peaches.
This Detox Smoothie is a Superfood Smoothie!
Every ingredient in this smoothie is considered a superfood (except for the peaches), so you can bet that you’re getting a good healthy dose of superfoods when you drink this detox smoothie. There are lots of vitamins, minerals and nutrients in this superfood smoothie to give you a healthy boost for the day. Enjoy!
Detox Green Smoothie
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium peeled banana
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- To a blender jar, add the spinach, almond milk, banana, parsley, chia seeds, lemon juice, sweetener and coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
- Add the frozen peaches and pulse a few times to break them up. Blend until smooth.
- Any kind of milk or plant-based milk alternative may be used.
- Try substituting frozen pineapple or mango for the frozen peaches.
- To make this smoothie vegan, use maple syrup or agave for the sweetener, and use a plant-based milk.