One of my husband’s favorite dinner recipes: Farfalle with Spinach, Garlic and Ricotta
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Farfalle with Spinach, Garlic and Ricotta
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 12 ounces bowtie (farfalle) pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring until tender -about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until tender -about 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring until spinach has wilted. Stir in ricotta and milk and cook until the sauce is creamy and heated through (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer spinach sauce to a large bowl. Add hot pasta and basil. Toss well to combine.
- Spoon pasta and sauce into 4 bowls and serve immediately.