This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Fudgy Eggnog Pretzel Bark
Fudgy Egg Nog Pretzel Bark
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
1 1/2 cups (more or less) mini pretzels
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
decorative sprinkles (optional)
2 tablespoons salted butter
2 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
1 cup store bought full-fat eggnog
6 ounces white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini- marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly grated is best!)
1. Place piece of waxed paper on cookie sheet (should be at least 9x13-inches). Spread out pretzels haphazardly in roughly the shape of a rectangle- about 8x11-inches. Sprinkle almonds, if using. And toss sprinkles throughout, if using.
2. Prepare fudgy bark: In a heavy bottomed large saucepan, add eggnog and sugar. Bring to a rolling boil over medium to high heat (watch that mixture does not boil over the pot- if boiling too hard, turn down heat slightly, but continue a rapid boil), stirring constantly; boil for 2 minutes exactly.
3. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Put saucepan back on heat; bring back to rolling boil for exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly (turn down slightly if mixture it's bubbling over). The mixture will begin to turn a caramel color.
4. After 6 minutes of boiling, remove from heat. Immediately add butter and white chocolate. Stir rapidly, until mixture has a glossy appearance and the chips and butter and well mixed.
5. Pour the mixture over the pretzels, making sure you are moving the pan quickly while pouring to cover the whole rectangle. The mixture will begin to solidify fairly soon so you'll need to work quickly.
6. Let cool until completely room temperature. Lift up from waxed paper and break into chunks to serve.
*Best if eaten within a couple of days. If you live in a damp climate, the pretzels might begin to soften after 24 hours or so.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Recipezaar)