Greek Style Shrimp is an easy-to-make shrimp and vegetables dinner recipe that is perfect served over steamed rice.
My whole family loves having this Greek style shrimp for dinner! It’s a simple sauté of veggies and shrimp cooked with a small amount of white wine and lightly spiced. Feta cheese is a great combination with the shrimp and the veggies.
- olive oil
- red onion
- diced tomatoes
- white wine
- salt and black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- feta cheese
- cooked rice
How to make Greek Style Shrimp:
Heat oil in a skillet, and sauté onions and garlic. Add zucchini, and cook until softened. Add diced tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes. Then add shrimp and feta cheese, and cook until the shrimp turns pink.
Then you’ll have delicious Greek Style Shrimp with veggies and a little bit of sauce too. If you are eating lower carb, you can eat the shrimp and veggies and not worry about making any rice. Or you can make cauliflower rice to serve with it!
We generally like to make steamed white or brown rice and serve our Greek Style Shrimp over that. Coconut rice is an excellent one to serve with this Greek style shrimp too!
How to de-vein shrimp:
Pull the shells off the shrimp. You can choose to keep the tails intact, or pull those off too. Make a slit along the middle of the back with a small sharp knife, pull the vein out and discard. The veins can be a little slippery, so I usually keep a paper towel handy so I can just wipe the veins on the paper towel.
Consider adding yellow squash or mushrooms to this shrimp sauté. Whatever vegetables appeal to you will work just fine. This is a dinner recipe you’ll want to make again, and everyone is going to like it. Enjoy!
Greek Style Shrimp Over Rice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes, until the zucchini is softened.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, oregano, black pepper, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and feta cheese. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook until the shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.