When you have the grill going for dinner, throw some figs and baguette slices on to create a delicious Grilled Fig Bruschetta appetizer.
When you have fresh figs, it’s fun to make some great recipes with them! I made a chicken dish with figs last year that I fell madly in love with. I churned up fresh fig ice cream this summer that was absolutely dreamy. And I’ve even taken to slicing fresh figs in half and popping them into my mouth, savoring the sweetness and texture that figs tend to bring. You should try all of those, and definitely make this grilled fig bruschetta!
Grilled bread is topped with a spoonful of grilled, chopped figs, a sprinkle of gorgonzola and a drizzle of honey.It’s delicious. Enjoy!
Grilled Fig Bruschetta
- 6 whole fresh figs, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 slices baguette
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey (for drizzling)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- String figs onto skewers and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Place the fig skewers and slices of baguette on the grill. Grill the bread for 30 seconds or so on each side, just to obtain grill marks. Grill the figs a couple of minutes on each side, until they are lightly softened.
- Remove both from the grill. Slide the grilled figs onto a cutting board and gently chop them. Divide the chopped figs among the slices of grilled bread. Sprinkle with a few crumbles of gorgonzola and give them a light drizzle of honey. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Don't over grill the figs. They'll turn into mush and will be unusable. Just grill them enough to soften them up.