Grilled Honey Chicken with Cherry Sauce
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 1/4 cups pitted quartered sweet cherries (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I like the thin cut chicken for this)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine first 5 ingredients (through zest) in a medium saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cherries, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir well, and add to cherry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Pour into a bowl; set aside, and keep warm.
- Prepare grill. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Combine honey and lemon juice; stir well. Lightly brush chicken with half of honey mixture; grill on a grill rack sprayed with cooking spray for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining honey mixture. Grill 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve topped with cherry sauce.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS Freestyle SmartPoints per serving: 3