These Grilled Pork and Pineapple Soft Tacos are Weight Watchers friendly. Two tacos computes to just 5 Freestyle SmartPoints!
Grilled Pork and Pineapple Soft Tacos
Prep Time: 30 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (juice reserved)
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure chili powder or hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- chunky fresh salsa
- 8 corn tortillas
- Mix together in a large bowl the pork, garlic, chili powder, salt pepper and cumin. Let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice half of the onion and add. Also add vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Stir briefly. Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature (or longer in refrigerator). If chilled, bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Thread pork and pineapple chunks alternately onto 8 skewers. Discard marinade. Grill kebobs or broil 4-inches from heat for 2 minutes per side. (8 minutes total), or until pork is no longer pink in the center. Transfer to a platter.
- While pork is cooking, finely chop remaining half of onion. Place onions, cabbage and salsa into individual serving bowls. Place all of the tortillas in a paper towel that has been sprinkles with a few tablespoons of water. Heat on half-heat for about 2 1/2 minutes in the microwave. Keep wrapped and place in basket. Serve tacos immediately with fixings.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just be sure to use a brand of corn tortillas that is known to be GF.
- Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving of 2 tacos: Calories 351.20, Fat 5.74g, Cholesterol 73.71mg, Sodium 390.57mg, Potassium 829.63mg, Carbohydrates 49.04g, Dietary Fiber 5.82g, Sugar 20.64g, Net Carbohydrates 43.22g, Protein 28.27g
- Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints for two tacos: 5