Here’s a gourmet chicken recipe that can be served as a weeknight dinner too: Gruyere, Arugula and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This recipe is really pretty easy. Once you pound the chicken out, it cooks really quickly. If you don’t have a mallet, use your rolling pin!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Gruyere, Arugula and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 (24 ounces) chicken breast halves
- 6 slices (3 ounces) prosciutto
- 6 slices (3 ounces) Gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula, stems cut off
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Discard plastic wrap. Top each chicken breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto, 1 slice of cheese, and 1/4 cup of arugula (or spinach), leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edges. Fold in half, pinching edges together to seal; sprinkle with salt and pepper. (The chicken can be prepared up to a day ahead and refrigerated at this point.)
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes or until done.
- You can sub spinach for the arugula, if you wish.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE- just be sure that the brand of prosciutto you are using is designated as GF, and sub GF flour for the all-purpose flour.
- Nutritional Information per serving (serving size: 1 stuffed breast) Calories: 242, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Sugar: .30g, Fiber: .23g, Protein: 34g, Cholesterol: 89g, Carbohydrates: 4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: Freestyle SmartPoints: 4, Points Plus Program: 6, Old Points Program: 5.5