Here’s a gourmet chicken recipe that can be served as a weeknight dinner too: Gruyere, Arugula and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This recipe is really pretty easy. Once you pound the chicken out, it cooks really quickly. If you don’t have a mallet, use your rolling pin!
Gruyere, Arugula and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 halves (24 ounces) chicken breast
- 6 slices (3 ounces) prosciutto
- 6 slices (3 ounces) Gruyere cheese
- 1½ cups arugula, stems cut off
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap; pound to ¼ inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Discard plastic wrap. Top each chicken breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto, 1 slice of cheese, and ¼ cup of arugula (or spinach), leaving a ¼ inch border around the edges. Fold in half, pinching edges together to seal; sprinkle with salt and pepper. (The chicken can be prepared up to a day ahead and refrigerated at this point.)
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes or until done.
- You can sub spinach for the arugula, if you wish.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE- just be sure that the brand of prosciutto you are using is designated as GF, and sub GF flour for the all purpose flour.