I enjoy this one for lunch with my husband: Ham and Spinach Puff Pancake
Ham and Spinach Puff Pancake
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- Prepare the pancake: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place butter in a 9-inch pie plate and heat in the oven for 3-4 minutes until melted. Whisk milk, flour, eggs and salt in a bowl for 3 minutes, or until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared dish. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.
- Prepare the filling: Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Melt butter in large skillet. Add mushrooms and onion to butter and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender, stirring often. Stir in spinach and ham.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until the filling is heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon the spinach mixture into the center of the hot pancake and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.