This Double Berry Puff Pancake is an easy recipe for a beautiful breakfast. It’s one giant fluffy pancake cooked in a cast iron skillet with plenty of blueberries and raspberries. Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post to print out the complete recipe so you can make it at home.
Got red, white and blue on your mind yet? We’re starting to think ahead to 4th of July already. My son is most excited about lighting sparklers. They’re not allowed in California, but luckily we’ll be on the East coast for the big day so we can easily locate them! My husband is most excited for the food I’m going to make, and I’m most excited about utilizing berries to make some patriotic treats!
Let’s start with this Double Berry Puff Pancake.
It’s definitely a fun summer breakfast treat if you find that you have access to some wonderful, fresh berries.
How to make a Double Berry Puff Pancake:
The recipe begins in the blender. Use your blender (or a mixer) to combine the batter ingredients, and then pour it into a hot, oven-safe skillet. A cast-iron skillet works perfectly.
Scatter fresh berries on top. I like to use blueberries and raspberries.
Move the skillet to the oven, and bake the pancake until it’s puffy and cooked through. It’ll get all wobbly looking like you see in the photo.
Serve slices with fresh cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar. My sweets-loving hubby drizzles maple syrup on top too.
Enjoy this special treat. And may you twirl a sparkler or two in the coming weeks… just for fun. Cause when’s the last time you did that, right?
If you’re looking for more puff pancake recipes, you might like to try my Apple Puff Pancake or this savory Ham and Spinach Puff Pancake. And if you’re looking for something special to make for a weekend breakfast for your family, I definitely recommend my Cinnamon Roll Pancakes or this Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring. Everyone loves and appreciates a special surprise breakfast!
Double Berry Puff Pancake
A delicious and airy cast iron skillet baked berry pancake.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup halved raspberries
- powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a blender or hand mixer to combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat on the stove. Add the butter and melt. Pour the batter into the skillet, then scatter the berries on top. Put the pan in the oven, and bake until puffed and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Slice and serve, topped with powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream, as desired.