Here’s an easy recipe for a beautiful breakfast: Double Berry Puff Pancake. Click below to watch a short video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post to print out the complete recipe.
Got red, white and blue on your mind yet? We’re starting to think ahead to 4th of July already. My son is most excited about lighting sparklers. They’re not allowed in California, but luckily we’ll be on the E. coast for the big day so we can easily locate them! My husband is most excited for the food I’m going to make, and I’m most excited about utilizing berries to make some patriotic treats!
Let’s start with this Double Berry Puff Pancake.
It’s definitely a fun summer breakfast treat if you find that you have access to some wonderful, fresh berries.
The recipe starts in the blender. Use your blender (or a mixer) to mix the batter, pour it into a hot, oven-safe skillet, and scatter fresh berries on top.
Move the skillet to the oven, and bake the pancake until it’s puffy and cooked through.
Serve slices with fresh cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar. My sweets-loving hubby drizzled maple syrup on top too.
Enjoy this special treat. And may you twirl a sparkler or two in the coming weeks… just for fun. Cause when’s the last time you did that, right?
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Double Berry Puff Pancake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup halved raspberries
- powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a blender or hand mixer to combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat on the stove. Add the butter and melt. Pour the batter into the skillet, then scatter the berries on top. Put the pan in the oven, and bake until puffed and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Slice and serve, topped with powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream, as desired.