A delicious hot beverage to keep you toasty warm: Hot Mulled Ginger Spiced Cider
Hot Mulled Ginger Spiced Cider
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:4 hours
- 3 whole cloves
- Two 1x4-inch strips orange zest
- 2 whole allspice
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick
- One 1/2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 12 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place first 5 ingredients (through ginger) on a 5-inch-square double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- Place cheesecloth bag, cider, jelly, and nutmeg in an electric slow cooker (or a pot on the stove). Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Remove and discard cheesecloth bag.