This one has always been a favorite in my family: Mom’s Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Mom's Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour and 15 minutes
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (plus an additional Tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour one 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and nuts. Stir into wet mixture and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.