This Monster Skillet Cookie is a skillet of favorite monster cookie dough baked into one giant cookie!
Monster cookies are the best kind of cookies. They incorporate peanut butter, so you’ll have a peanut buttery cookie. And they have oats too, so you’ll also be getting an oatmeal cookie. Chocolate chips are added in to create a chocolate chip cookie. And M&M’s are in this giant monster skillet cookie too, so it’s like you’re getting a little bit of everything!
- creamy peanut butter
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- egg yolk
- vanilla extract
- old fashioned oats
- all purpose flour
- baking soda and salt
- chocolate chips
Crunchy peanut butter may be used. Regular oats may be used if you do not have old fashioned on hand. All oats may be used instead of adding flour (2 1/2 cups total). Gluten-free oats may be used to make this recipe GF. Use any flavor of chocolate chips or try peanut butter chips too! It’s okay to add more M&M’s!
How to make a Monster Skillet Cookie:
Scroll to the very end of this post to print out complete instructions.
In a bowl, use a mixer to combine the peanut butter, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract. Then whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda and salt and stir that in to the wet mixture. The cookie dough will be thick! Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
Butter a 10 or 12-inch cast iron skillet. Yes, you do need a cast iron skillet to make this monster skillet cookie. Spread the cookie dough evenly into the skillet, and bake.
You’ll end up with one giant skillet cookie that is ready for eating! These monster skillet cookies are terrific when served warm. And they’re even better when topped with vanilla ice cream.
As tempting as it may be, it’s not meant to be eaten out of the pan with a giant spoon! Cut into wedges for serving. This will give you a good-portioned sized cookie.Why would you want to make a cookie recipe into one giant skillet cookie? Well, you don’t have to bother with baking several batches of cookies. It’s all done in one shot. And it’s a fun way to serve this monster cookie dessert. Enjoy!
Monster Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&M's candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the peanut butter and butter. Beat in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt Stir into the wet mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's candy.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared skillet and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and M&M's on top, if you'd like.
- Bake until the skillet cookie is golden, puffed and set along the outside, but jiggles a little in the center when you shake the skillet- 22 to 28 minutes. The skillet cookie will set more as it cools. Like brownies, be careful not to over-bake.
- Cool slightly before cutting and serving. If desired, serve topped with vanilla ice cream.