This Snickers Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is moist, chocolatey and full of Snickers! When served warm and with a scoop of ice cream, it’s pretty irresistible too.
My husband is a big cookie guy. I’m all about the cake, but as soon as I make cookies, I have to hide them from him so that they don’t disappear. I can hardly get pictures of them before they are half eaten.
And I’d say it’s hard to argue that there’s anything better than a warm cookie, fresh out of the oven. One of the great things about skillet cookies is that’s how they are supposed to be served – warm and amazing!
These skillet cookies are so easy to make too. Just make the cookie dough, divide it between the skillets and bake. I used two 5 inch skillets, but it would probably work well in an 8 inch skillet also, if you wanted to make one big one.
Once these came out of the oven (and photos were taken, of course), my husband and I grabbed spoons and dug into one. So incredibly good! The warm, gooey chocolate cookie, the Snickers, the caramel ice cream on top – to die for.
And honestly, it’s rich. The hubs and I could barely finish one. You could easily serve 4 to 6 people with the two cookies. I put the other in the fridge and our nieces ate it a couple days later. I warmed it up and added more ice cream and even they couldn’t finish it – and they’re 8 and 10 years old. Is it just me or do kids normally have a bottomless pit in their stomachs when in comes to dessert?
The rest of my family was ok with the fact that they didn’t finish it – it meant that they all could grab the spoons and finish it off. There were lots of satisfied moans going on. That’s what I call a successful dessert! 🙂
Snickers Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:20 to 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (I use Hershey's Special Dark)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped Snickers candy bars
- ice cream, for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare two 5 inch skillets by wiping them with a little bit of butter.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in the egg white and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cocoa and baking soda and continue to mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped Snickers. The dough will be thick.
- Divide the cookie dough between the two skillets and press evenly into skillets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The edges should look done. The center might look a little undercooked, but that's ok. It'll cook a little more as it cools.
- Allow the cookie to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, then add a scoop of ice cream and serve.